Does Anyone Use Coupons?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by dawnolsen • May 30, 2015.

1. dawnolsen

dawnolsenMember

Threads:
    I love to use coupons! I do not grocery shop at all without having my coupon binder with me. Every week I cut coupons from newspaper inserts and then match sales to my coupons. This process has saved me and my family so much on our grocery bills! Some of my family members laugh at me for using coupons but I don't mind, I'm saving money!

Do any of you use coupons?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried couponing but I have never found much success. I even made a big coupon binder once, spent a lot of money putting it together because I thought it would help me when out grocery shopping. It seemed to take me twice as long to do the shopping and I still missed the good deals that I could've taken advantage of with the coupons. I just haven't figured out the right way to do it!

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I use coupons when I find them, but I do not go out of my way like some extreme couponers do. I actually just found a coupon for a dollar off Seattle's Best Coffee bags and used it this morning at the grocery store. This brand of coffee was on sale anyway, so I saved a lot of money. A bag usually goes for $6.99 and I ended up paying $3.99. I am a huge coffee snob so buying another cheaper brand is just not an option for me. I saved a lot of money on something I would have bought anyway. I am much more concerned about finding coupons for beauty and haircare supplies because these items are expensive.

4. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I use coupons when I have them on hand. I don't go coupon hunting or anything, but then again I do a lot of price matching for the cheapest items as well. I tend to save quite a large amount of money this way. Of course any method of saving money is a good one as long as its legal, haha. :D I love when the stores have coupons just around the area of the foods that they are selling, its the best hint.

5. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I use them whenever I'm thinking of buying something I know I have a coupon for. I wouldn't go as far as to have a binder with them though. I'm not organized enough to have something like that.

It is a great way to save money though.

6. lexingtonslade

lexingtonsladeNew Member

Threads:
    I use coupons all the time! It's a good way to save money and stock up on items that you are going to use anyway. I especially like using coupons to buy home goods. The things that everyone needs like toothbrushes, toothpaste, body wash, etc. Using coupons, I have found that you can get these things for free. If you use coupons and wait for sales, you can really save some good money.

A tip I have learned is to use the coupons on the little stuff and roll that money over into the bigger purchases you would make at the grocery store.

7. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I use them as often as possible, but I’m no extreme couponer or anything. I definitely keep an eye out for coupons and deals on foods and products I use frequently. Just scored a few today, in fact. If I hit the timing right, I can use them when there’s a sale going on. That’s always satisfying.

8. shanetx1969

shanetx1969New Member

Threads:
    My wife and I just started using coupons. This pretty much came out of necessity. I have recently medically retired due to my disability and my wife is the only person working now. My job is to search for coupons. It has actually been easier than I had previously thought it would be! I just subscribe to a couple websites, find the food coupons that benefit our family and print them! I am really amazed just how much money we have managed to save during this past month just using coupons!

9. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I hope this applies to the UK as well. I did not know about sites where you can print out vouchers. This sounds like a fantastic way to save money. I am going to track down some UK sites. Thank you for sharing this information.

10. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    I always use coupons! The way I see it, why pay full price for something when you do not need too! Although it can sometimes take a while for the cashier to put in the codes, it is easy to save a big part on your shopping!

11. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite coupons to use are the ones you get for Bed Bath and Beyond, and the Catalina coupons that sometimes print out at the grocery store. The ones you get at the grocery store are normally geared toward what you buy anyhow.

12. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I always use coupons! I love going through the flyers and looking to see what's on sale and then using the coupons on top of that, if I can save a buck I will.

13. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use coupons whenever I can and will always look for one online before I buy an item. There's nothing worse than finding it afterwards. I taught my old landlady how to use coupons and at first she would say it's only a dollar, but still they mount up. I sign up for loyalty cards and use those mainly and also from magazines or print them out. I did that with CVS who would send random emails for 25% off everything as long as you printed it out.

When she had to do up the house to sell, I helped her and we used coupons from Kohl's for multiple purchases and she has learned at the age of 70 it can save a lot. I saved her about $50 in total. She was snobby about it until she I told her that the money saved can be used to treat yourself for a meal.

14. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    I love to use coupons but I can never seem t find any for the things that I buy regularly, sometimes I will get them from store magazines or online but I can never really seem to find anything appropriate.

15. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    No. There is really no such thing as that here in my country. Well, how I wish we could also use coupons here so we wouldn't have to spend so much money on buying grocery and at the same time, we would be able to save some.

16. Wace

WaceNew Member

Threads:
    I do use coupons, but I've found that I have to be careful with them. I buy off-brand products at a significant discount. These are usually the store's own brand of a particular item. Quite often, the price on these items is lower than the name brand item even with the coupon discount added on. I've also found that sometimes, I'll buy things I usually don't if there is a coupon on it. In this respect, I'm likely to spend more. The object of coupons is for manufactures to get you to purchase their products. When using coupons, I generally will stick to the rule, "if I wouldn't have purchased it without a coupon, don't purchase it because I now have one". This way, I'm not buying products that I don't need. Coupons are a great way to save money on items that you purchase regularly. I have heard of people who are able to actually make money using coupons. I'm not sure I have the time or patience for that, but I'd love to hear more about how that works.

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also shop at the discount stores and the store brand is usually cheaper than the national brand with the coupon. I have not used a lot of coupons recently but when my family was younger I used coupons a great deal to help reduce the cost of food. At that time also there were not as many discount stores available as there are now.