Does Anyone Use Mobile Banking More Than An Atm?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by True2marie • Mar 22, 2015.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    This year, I am focusing more on mobile banking than ever. I refuse to go inside of a bank or even to an ATM unless it's necessary. So, I pay for bills and other things with a downloaded app from my credit union. It's easier and cheaper.

Is anyone else hooked on mobile banking?

2. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't say I'm 'hooked' on it as such but it does make life a lot easier. I probably don't use half the features on there but for the basics of checking amounts and balances, transferring money in to different accounts and paying bills its become invaluable.
    There's a slight concern about the security aspect of it but no more so than a normal website.

3. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I do most of my banking transaction in ATM especially if I need cash. I am not that well verse in mobile banking. However I do used mobile banking sometimes for balance inquiry and paying bills.

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I only use mobile banking for balance inquiry. All other transactions are done mostly in ATM. I know mobile banking is very convenient to use but then it has its security issues too and I am not willing to take that risks especially since it's my hard-earned money that is involved.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm the same, I will only go into the bank as the very last resort. If I can do anything via my mobile, online or the ATM, I'll do it. It's even worse in Botswana because the service can be slow, the queues can be ridiculous etc. It can be soul destroying!

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use mobile banking at all.

I always prefer paying for everything in cash. It's always easier to budget and buy only what I need when using cash. While mobile banking certainly can be convenient I think using it for me would get me to spend as much as I did when I used to pay for everything using my prepaid debit card.

7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mobile banking is great, until you have to deposit actual cash into your account. Also, you can't take money out if you need physical cash. I still use the ATM on a regular basis, and mobile banking is mostly for checking my balance throughout the week.

8. moss

mossNew Member

Threads:
    I recently discovered I could access my bank account on my Iphone, and I must say that it has made everything so much easier. I'm currently trying to get my paycheck to get put directly into said bank account, but since I have my paypal connected to it already, I've already started to notice how much more convenient it is. I definitely prefer it to using an ATM or bank; I like not having to go through the unnecessary social interaction.

9. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    The only time I ever use the am is if I have to make a deposit or withdrawal some cash. I rarely ever actually go to the bank these days because there really is no need for me to do so. I used mobile banking almost daily, if anything just to check on my account. There is a lot of fraud going on these days, so I think everyone should get in the habit if checking their transaction history on a daily basis.

10. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had to use an actual ATM at the grocery store recently, and I was not happy about the $2.50 fee. I normally pay for groceries using a debit card, and get cash back at that time at no cost, so I have it on hand. I usually buy groceries at the beginning of the month, and take enough cash to last the entire month, which isn't a lot, seeing as I usually pay via debit card or Paypal, but this one time, I didn't want to have to drive all the way to the bank, so paid that outrageous fee. I was excited when I found out my bank has an app, but I guess because I'm on an iPod touch, not a cell phone, it wouldn't let me deposit checks from home, which was the whole reason I got it in the first place. That was disappointing. Hopefully at some point, I'll have a tablet, and will be able to use the app to deposit checks from home.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use mobile banking and ATM machines quite equally. Since I have two accounts under the same local bank - one for our company's payroll and the other for my personal use - it's natural for me to use mobile banking to transfer funds from one account to another. Beyond that transaction, however, I prefer to withdraw my money and pay in cash. Doing so gives me a sense of security compared to having my debit card swiped all the time. Banks have a lot of hidden charges so I'm extra wary when it comes to that.

12. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I am into mobile banking. It's more convenient and safer. However, I make sure that I bookmark the website of my bank because there are so many phishing sites all over the Internet. My bank actually warned me about a website that uses their name and almost the same URL. Apparently, many customers have been victimized by that website.

13. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Kudos to those developers of mobile banking. It made my life way easier and it saved me a lot of time. I don't have to wait for hours just to get my transaction done in the bank.

14. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    Ever since I switched over to the bank my mom works at, I use mobile banking all the time. I used to always have to go to an ATM because my other bank does not have a mobile app, which I hated. I honestly barely go to an ATM anymore because I can just check out my balance online. I love it because it's so much easier if you want to quickly see how much money is in your account. I honestly am so happy that I switched. It's a lot easier for me to keep track of my money. Plus when I went to an ATM I would lose money for checking to see how much money I had, and that sucked.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not really one for mobile banking. I was hardly able to really get on board with internet banking, because of the obvious dangers, even though mobile banking does seem like it could be more secure than internet banking. Phones lag sometimes, and I don't want to click something, only for it to seem like it hasn't gone through, when it has actually gone through, only to have to send it again because I don't know that it went through. I'd end up sending and withdrawing payments twice and such. I just don't like to risk it.

16. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to not have to deal with banks/ATM as well, so I use my phone a lot. It's really helpful and it feels like the future! I couldn't imagine having a bank that doesn't have a mobile app. I recently got my first debit card (wanted to stay away from that stuff as long as possible) and it's been really nice not having to deal with cash all the time.

17. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate going into banks. I always have, and I sort of think that I always will. I know that they have my money and stuff, but they are always just such dreary awful places to be stood inside of, especially if there is a line of people on a hot summer's day. I will be getting a more capable smartphone soon, and I actually do think that I will be more inclined to bank on it than go into banks. I will use ATM's anyway though.

18. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using mobile and internet banking a heck of a lot over the past two years as I am rather lazy and it makes my life so much easier. I do still use ATMs, but that is normally for things where cash is the only option, and that is only about once a month.

Seriously, anyone mugging me will be sorely disappointed as I rarely carry cash!

19. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    They may not take your money but your cell phone and squeeze your bank account, let's hope never happen though.

I had a serious problem using debit and credit cards some years back, believing I was the next finance genius on earth an borrowing money from credit ones to fun debit and still repaying my credit with borrowed money.

No thanks but I don't longer have credit cards, and still having debit ones, I prefer to pay with cash and no mobile banking to avoid fail in the same issue I did before; spend more than I should.

20. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I already thought of that, I carry a very worn phone (no shop or drug dealer would pay a $1 for it!) and I never save my login details to the phone, plus I wipe my phone week with a cleaner app.

I'm very cautious. :)