Does Brunch Save Money?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Alexandoy • Apr 5, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This principle is being practiced by a friend’s family. During weekends, they wake up late and have brunch in a buffet restaurant. There are 2 reasons for this – first is the savings that they get since the brunch is equivalent to 2 meals, i.e. breakfast and lunch, second is the diet. Eating one meal within the period of breakfast and lunch is one way of limiting your food intake. I don’t agree to that if the brunch is buffet though. However, I agree that if they eat brunch and the next meal is dinner then they save on the number of meals, in money and in diet.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think most working people get up late and finish things leisurely besides getting involved in house cleaning, laundry and other pending work which leaves them too little time for a regular breakfast and lunch so they go for a brunch instead and then go out for shopping or meeting friends and family. Yes in most weekends we skip lunch and do with brunch saving is not the main criteria though.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    It is Summer at my end and so the apetite has gone down. I literally feel hungry around 12 noon and I eat mh first meal which is usually a snack of some sort then.

After and before which fluids are all that I drink. I might feel hungry again around 4'ish n have a snack again. At night I might just have buttermilk and am done for the day! Not really saving but I guess brunch helps to pull on and of course saves cash too.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Decentlady@Decentlady I am lucky being slim built so I eat as and when I like therefore chances of wastage are reduced comparatively. I have no problem eating leftover or something which I could not finish fully in my first sitting. But in most cases it's a brunch on cause my wife does not want to cook twice on weekends.

#4Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Obviously it does save you money, since technically you would be buying only 1 meal instead of 2 meals, right? It's actually the same with skipping breakfast, so you will only have to buy lunch and dinner. However, it's not advisable to go to work on an empty stomach, since you would not be able to do your work properly and it will make you weak and lose focus.

6. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Brunch is not for me because I prefer different type of meals during break fast and lunch. It is possible to save money while still being able to enjoy breakfast and lunch. I buy cereals and oats with coupons from news paper. I am into homesteading so I am able to save money from that too.

I think brunch is more meant for busy people always on the go.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    We have Brunch almost everyday because of our work schedule. We usually wake up during the afternoon and our day starts in the evening. Sometimes, it's not even Brunch for us but Brunner (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) which will save you a lot compared with Brunch. But either way they aren't healthy and it's very important not to skip breakfast :) Well we have our breakfast before going to bed so I guess that'll do :D

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Many people skip breakfast altogether specially those who wake up just in time for lunch. I don't eat breakfast at home but I take a light snack at the office where brewed coffee and bread are free. I eat small meals/snack throughout the day and avoid binges. Skipping meals and binge eating later is not good for the body at all. You can also save money by eating moderate food servings throughout the day.

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am generally skipping my breakfast due to a different schedule here in this country where I do not have my regular exercising spot but I am doing it in a park just in front of my home. I am getting up late these days and after routine jobs I go for workouts and then take a heavy breakfast or you can call it brunch, I sit in my office or go out to meet my clients. So the new schedule almost rule out chances of lunch.

10. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I'm sure it saves money. However, though, I think the human body benefits from at least three meals a day. Nonetheless, though, if the brunch is something like a buffet, then there could be an exception to the rule.

11. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I remember my family and I used to do this in the weekends we were able to. My dad would rest sundays so every other week we made plans to go to a buffet and have breakfast and lunch, we would go at around 11 am to be able to get breakfast and at 12 pm lunch would be served. Eating that much would keep us full untill around 6 pm and we would have dinner till then or even later.