Does buying a Beats headset worth it or just a waste of money?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by rey1237 • Sep 13, 2012.

1. rey1237

rey1237New Member

Threads:
    Beats by Dr. Dre has become the most famous and the best selling headset in the planet today. It's cost is ranging from 200-300 dollar per unit. The point is., is buying an expensive headset worth it or just a waste of your money? Some says it's only the brand that made it expensive. There are cheaper products than beats than can perform the same such as Razer and Skullcandy that only costs 100 dollar or below.

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    It will depend on how badly you need it. If you are used to high quality headsets for a number of years already and you have the budget for it then I think this item is worth buying for. I actually have one and I am very contented with the sound that I get from it. However if you don;t have the extra bucks for this then I will suggest you to do not force yourself to buy expensive things if you do not really need it.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Lately, this product has become very popular. Like all fashion, is expensive. I think they look great and I was able to use them in the home of a friend. The sound quality is very good, but there are other products on the market that also fulfill this role. The design is very nice, it has character and design is the latest trend. I think if you have money available, is an interesting purchase. However, only worth it if you're listening to music all day. Perhaps they are a little big to go down the street, but I think that's the idea: they are visible. I prefer something less expensive and smaller, beyond that I think they are a good choice. :cool:

4. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I'd say they're not worth the price unless you are a true audio aficionado.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely not worth the price. The price is driven up only by the brand, there are many WAY better headsets for the same price. People think that expensive = great, but in the end, it all matters on case by case basis.. and sure, you can spend 300+ dollars on headsets, if you listen to music very often, it's worth it, but get some headset that can back the price up with quality, not only a brand.

6. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Definitely not worth it! They break just any other headphones the cord stops working, the sound quality is good. But you can get a pair way cheaper that will do the trick.

7. EmoPopsicle

EmoPopsicleNew Member

Threads:
    Beats are way overhyped. Although the bass is extremely boosted, it comes out very muddy, and the mid's and high's are drowned out by the overpowering bass. I would personally go for a set of Sennheisers. I have a pair and they're great for practically anything - gaming, watching movies, producing music, you name it.

8. Gift3d

Gift3dMember

Threads:
    Lots of those headphones are fake, My brother got 2 pairs of buds and a studio headphones for like 50$ all together, They are actually really good and durable but still fake.. Look the same, Prob close to the same quality as the real ones. If you want the look, look for the knock off, If you want to get them cause you are a producer I would get them from the actual site so you know they are legit.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    In my opinion if an item is really something you want and not something you just want because of other people's opinions then it would not be a waste of money. However, it's undeniable that Beats are a little bit overrated just because of the aesthetics of the design and the marketing behind it. I think in that way it's a little different from Apple products because those provide you with enough value for your money to justify the cost to some extent, but I think they share a similar trait in which they are also both expensive due to being status symbols.

10. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I would say if you have the budget go for it. Look for yourself to see how you would personally like the headphones. And if you don't like the headphones you could always sell it. The best time to get something that expensive would be black friday. Otherwise look for other holiday season type of prices. There is no need to pay full price when you can plan ahead and wait for the prices to drop.

11. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    If it’s within the budget I would personally go for another brand with offerings in the same price range, like Sennheiser or AKG. The sound is superior, and both brands are known for their build quality. It would be worth it for the audiophile. I find Beats to be more of a fashion brand than anything else.

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buying the beats headset for $300 would be a waste of money. I've used lots of different headsets and the difference between them when listening to music is hardly noticeable. That's why if I'm buying a headset I'll buy any headset that costs less than $50. Not too long ago I had headset which cost $28 and they were great.

13. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I was talking to a salesman at The Source, an electronics store in the mall near my house. He was telling me that he always recommends buying an extended warranty with the Dr. Dre - Beats headphones. In his opinion they break down more than other brands and are really not worth the money. He'll sell them to people if they are set on getting them but he said he could name at least 2 other brands that have better sound quality and are cheaper.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have money to burn on an expensive headphone like Beats, but I do have a Sennheiser eaphone and it really sounds better than the cheap earphones that you can buy for only $1 or $2. So with that said I am content with the branded earpphones that I have, and I won't go far as to buying a Beats headphone.

15. Trisha Wagner

Trisha WagnerNew Member

Threads:
    Believe it or not it really is worth the price. The quality is so so much better than the average headphones.