Does Comcast Seem Really Expensive?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by suegiplaye • Aug 4, 2015.

1. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    I am a Comcast customer. It seems like every time I pay my bill it gets higher. It used to be $70 a month , and now it is $80. I do not really know if there is any cheaper place to get cable and Internet. My TV only has about 100 channels. Will soon be looking around for something cheaper.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did not have cable for a long time and will not have it when I move into my own place. My daughter just installed cable to upgrade the internet that we have. To me it is too expensive. I am fine using Netflix, Hulu and will be looking into the Sling Tv that is $20 a month.

3. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    I had Comcast and I complained to them about the same problem. It's not weird for that to happen because it's Comcast. They got rated for having the worst customer service of the year in 2014 or 2013. You have to be pretty bad to get that title, to be honest.

I've received bills where I was overcharged as well and I just completely cancelled all my services with them because it was nuts. They're just sneaking in pennies from me like I'm not aware or something... There are plenty of reviewers who complain about this as well on the BBB I believe. They also say that they're bills fluctuate and grow suddenly when no changes to the plan are added. A band of thieves, that's what they are. Terrible.

If I were you, I'd just cancel them because they have awful customer service that it's not even funny. I look at it this way, if you don't care about me, why should I think twice about even considering you? Get outta here. I cancelled my cable with them and everything that had to do with Comcast. I'd rather go without cable then use them because they treat their customers poorly.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I get my landline, cable, and internet all through Comcast and it does seem that they are very high! The problem I mostly have is that there are so many digital problems with the cable that I feel like I am getting ripped off. Sometimes the TV guide will not work and the movies on demand will not show up. I have called and complained when this happened and they will not give you a discount for interupted service unless it has been 24 hours. The only other provider in my area is Century Link and they do not seem to be any better so there is nothing I can really do about it.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Comcast really does have crappy service and high prices. The alternatives usually aren't much better. I really want to cut the cord, but I just don't have the money yet for antennas and roku devices, which is what I'm planning to use to obtain my programming once the cable is disconnected. The company I have simply doesn't care. They have been told that many can't afford the prices, but they offer not decent plans for those on fixed incomes. If I cut my level of programming, i save $3/month, and lose a lot, which would mean losing most of what channels i watch on a regular basis, and if/when I cut off my cable, my internet cost will increase by at least $20/month for 'unbundling' fees.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Comcast is expensive, sure, but that's true of virtually all major cable companies. Cox, Time Warner, and Charter, among dozens of others, charge outrageous prices for their services, whether you bundle the services together or not. It's basically a monopoly in hundreds of cities and towns because only one cable company operates there. Areas that have multiple cable companies are lucky, yet they still won't see affordable rates. It's expensive no matter where you go for service.

7. kbrad25

kbrad25New Member

Threads:
    I recently decided that I was going to cut the cord for cable. I now use Netflix and Hulu, and I can watch almost everything I watched on cable using those. There are only 2 shows that I watched on cable that are not on Hulu or Netflix, but thanks to my phone and apps, I can still watch those shows. The only downfall is that I still have to keep our Internet, which is still expensive. To make matters worse, all the other options I have for Internet are worse as far as speed, so I have to keep Comcast even though I think they are overpriced.

8. AllAboutTheLincolns

AllAboutTheLincolnsMember

Threads:
    The issue is that they have a monopoly in most areas for cable, so they can get away with such questionable business practices. As Comcast is a venture capitalist company (They own Universal Pictures, Universal Studios Resort, and NBC's television stations as well), their number one goal is to maximize profits at all ends. Customer service is secondary to them creating a complete monopoly on certain areas. Look for alternatives if you can, but just know that they want to make sure that you'll be using them as the only option... so look out.

9. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    AT&T and Comcast are the only options here where I live for internet. So, even when/if i do cut the cord, I will still be overpaying for the internet. I mentioned above that there is an unbundling fee, so if I cut off my television service, my internet bill will increase. I had Comcast before, so I know they're worse, so that isn't an option. It really irks me when I see the commercials advertising low rates on the services, because all they care about is ensnaring someone for a year or two, and will toss money at them in the form of low rates, gift cards and tablets, yet if they would simply offer a good quality product at a reasonable price, they could cut their advertising budget dramatically, because the services would sell themselves.