Does Hollywood Try To Brainwash People?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Denis Hard • Oct 22, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I stumbled into this one site that analyzes movies. Their objective is to expose occult symbolism used in movies and probably try to explain why the symbols are used. In most cases, the explanations is, Movie-makers who are mostly occultists have ulterior motives. They want to draw unsuspecting people into the occult . . .

Because I don't link to sites associated with WBC we'll have to make-do with what I tried to briefly explain.

Your thoughts, movies buffs: is Hollywood trying to brainwash people to believe that [dabbling with] the occult is great?

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Uh. Are you serious? Of course not, do you even need to ask? There's a ton of conspiracy nut websites that make absolutely no sense on the internet.

I mean, the whole thing about Hollywood is that they don't need to brainwash anyone, people are already so used to the product they make that they are just rehashing the same formula and cash out the checks.

3. Denis Hard

Threads:
    There could be some truth in what's said. Back in time there were rumors abut backmasking in music. Apparently those who did that thought better of it and decided to go for something more subtle. Instead of relying in subliminal messages, they could say what they wanted directly or by using images and symbols, subtly get their message across.

I wouldn't dismiss such claims as being entirely absurd because not everyone in the entertainment industry is in only for the money.

4. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think so, there are several reasons for all those symbols. I don't personally believe that you can possibly brainwash someone by showing him some occult symbols. Influence them yes, but not brainwash. Probably they are doing all kinds of occult rituals and this is why they send us those kind of subliminal messages, as a part of the ritual.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes and no. I don't think they are in the way that you are saying. I think it's more like subliminal messages with what to do with yourself and your life. It's like indirect peer pressure almost. Hollywood finds all kinds of ways to influence people, make them feel insecure, and make them feel lesser. So, people try to stay with the trends, keep in good shape, and stay within Hollywood's idea of beauty. Some people become obsessed with it to the point of being harmful (anorexia, bulimia, too much surgery, etc.). In a sense, yes, that is brainwashing. I disagree with the idea of Hollywood trying to make people affiliate with the occult.

6. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Not really. The problem for me is that some people are just too susceptible. They cannot filter the things shows in movies and other media, so they change.

7. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Put down the tinfoil hat and think for a moment.

Also, backmasking was a hoax. The only actual backmasked messages are stuff that was put there to screw with people and as jokes. Stuff like The Beatles, Pink Floyd, et. al.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hollywood is like any other media or television show and people are influenced by what they see and hear.

The occult is topic that should be handled delicately, but they have a right to make a movie about it and interpret things how they wish, the problem is when people think it's real and can't see it is a work of fiction. Maybe there is some truth in it, but it is up to the individual how they view things. The same goes for things like torture, murder and kidnapping, people can decide for themselves what is right or wrong, though clearly some cannot distinguish between them.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ever since subliminal messages were discovered that we know that we are being brainwashed, but what do we do about it? Better, what can we do about it? Nothing much I think, we just continue to buy those contents and to feed that industry.

10. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I took a film history and an intro to journalism course one semester and they both talked alot about this subject. I started to see all types of propaganda in new realeases. I do think that hollywood tries to brainwash people.

They want use to think and act a certain way so they show it on the big screen. This may be a way control things like what we buy and how we act... but now thats getting in conspiracies.

11. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I wouldn't say brainwashing. I do not think there are any conspiracy theories. But I believe filmmakers do incorporate a lot of their beliefs into their films. That much is obvious. Some I agree with and some that I do not.

12. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    In the 1950s there was a black and white movie from 1960 called 13 Ghosts was a gimmick where if you used a special viewer, you would not see the ghosts. They appeared as flashes on the screen at different intervals. I remember when I was a kid, it was a big deal this was released on VHS because it was believed to have been a subliminal message thing. There are tons of directors who input their own messages into scenes, and often no one but them knows they are there. For example, The Shining. Stanley Kubrick wanted to bash Nazis and the holocaust, so he inserted things into the film without people knowing it. The typewriter is a german manufactured brand, and it is often supposedly there were many props that were so supposed to represent the evil of the Nazis. A movie called Room 237 discusses these things in depth. Disney is also known to insert messages where supposedly the sky in the Lion King reads "Sex" and a penis is drawn on the castle of the Little Mermaid. Therefore, messages? Yes, I believe that. Do I think there is an overall conspiracy to turn viewers into satanist who wear black robes and chant? No.

13. Denis Hard

Threads:
    The fact though, is the entertainment industry's insidious influence is only starting to be felt. How is it that Wicca became suddenly became so popular? Wasn't it because magick was presented in positive light by the filmmakers?

Question: did the rising popularity of Wicca happen spontaneously or was it a calculated move to get impressionable people develop some interest in paganism and other ancient religions which is on the same level as converting them into satanism?

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think they just make things like this popular to sell merchandise. It's much easier to sell when you have clear subjects and trends to follow so they try hard to make some topics popular, just as a fashion designer would for some styles of clothing. I don't think there's a hidden agenda behind it other than money to be honest. Also, considering most of the heads at Hollywood are Jewish and believe in the religion earnestly, I doubt they are pushing for Satanism on purpose.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know what to think of all that, but I do know people brainwash themselves royally, all on their own. Brands and names and hot or not.. people are so distracted from life with all this crap that holds them back and hey.. maybe that's the point. Life can be scary for so many people.. or so stressful they need the distraction. You don't need subliminal messages anymore. Most people believe almost everything they see and hear.

16. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Subliminal messages are a myth. Not only they are not used, they simply do not work. Which is why they are not being used, I guess. Either way, please check your sources before actually claiming something like this... :V

17. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    It's not brainwash, it's more like stir, aspire, inspire, misdirect, mislead, falsify, hype, fictionalize facts, reify fallacies and fictions, and manipulate it's viewers, who are willing to allow their razzle-dazzle and bamboozle shows to influence their minds. If one is immune to something, it doesn't matter what that entity does, one will resist from all temptations of offers and gifts that doesn't benefit one by such a entity.

On the flip-side, Hollywood movies show a lot of occultism, metaphors, allusions, artistic, aesthetics, symbolic, factual, and even predictive information that I believe are very beneficial to sense and know. It's never black and white, when it comes to most phenomenons in life, especially Hollywood films.

FYI Hollywood, comes from the holly tree wood that magicians, druids, sorcerers, warlocks, and witches had once used as their wands/staffs to do their magic - Harry Potter character used it too. So what Hollywood does to its audience, is give them a trick, treat, and spell - don't think of spell as a incantation or summoning of energy only, think more practical, as in "spell" a word out to influence one's viewers minds.

18. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know, I think the end-all-be-all argument here is simply that NONE of the Hollywood movies dealing with the Occult actually show Occult as it is. It's always Necronomicons, demons, sacrifices and whatnot. I have never seen a movie or TV series that would actually tackle the subject of paganism/heathenism/satanism/witchcraft how it is. So... how would that help them convert anyone, exactly?

19. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's hard to say what Hollywood's really doing - whether it's trying to brain wash people into believing a new ideology, way of life or perception or just simply trying to promote a movie for the sake of art. What I do know is this: Hollywood is all about making profit. People invest that much and try to project controversial or action-packed stories in order to make money. It's their job. For others, producing, making and acting in movies could be their calling albeit with added financial perks.