Does it irk you if you need an internet connection to play a mobile game?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Aug 14, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some games that require you to connect to the internet in order to play. Games like Shadowgun: Deadzone which is a 3rd person multiplayer shooter is an example. I love the game and I don't mind connecting to the internet because I understand that it is needed. But, when I would be required to connect to the internet even if it's a one player game, that's when I would be irked so much. There are a number of games that require an internet connection to play even if it's a single player game just to be able to show the gamer different ads. Sheesh.

2. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, it annoys me so much if the game I want to play requires an internet connection. Some games don't even make sense to have a required internet connection since you're not playing online, or multiplayer. If games do this, it usually gives a bad picture that they did not do so well making and programming the game. There are also other games that have an option to play multiplayer, and singleplayer as well, but you still need an internet connection for it. Is there a point for having a singleplayer if you're not able to play it without an internet connection? These apps are poorly designed in my opinion.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    It doesn't really irk me because I have very good internet packages both at home and on my phone plan so finding a connection is never a problem, apart from when I go to my girlfriend's house and then I have to go and sit outside in order to get an internet connection and a phone signal! :)

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate that like anyone cares about those freaking ads.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good for you. My internet connection is not that good so I hate it. Also, the ads that show up every now and then when connected to the internet are so annoying. If I somehow manage to download games like these, I uninstall them immediately.

6. crazycroc

crazycrocMember

Threads:
    If the purpose is to show me ads, then yes that would annoy me. If I am paying money for a game I don't expect to have to put up with advertising also (if it was a free game it would be a different story). I think the primary reason for requiring an internet connection for games these days is for piracy prevention and score keeping not ads like you said though.

7. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I don't play much, but it also bothers me when all the ads are popping up during game intervals. You need to cancel it all the time. It's a waste of time.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not fond of playing mobile games anymore, but I was never fond of playing online games in the pc either. So for sure I will be irked when I would be required to connect to the net when I play a mobile game.

9. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think many of the mobile games require internet access and it can be annoying if you don't have access to the internet. The internet is not very good where I live, the speed on my phone is so slow, it is impossible to play games.

10. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    The main reason is just so that they can throw publicity at you, maybe requesting you to pay to unlock a certain feature, or even buy the full game, and they disguise that by saying that the game needs to be connected because of the online leaderboards or something.