Does One Really Need Many Pairs Of Shoe?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Barida • Aug 25, 2017.

1. Claire

ClaireNew Member

Threads:
    I think that if you are able to afford a large amount then it's definitely a good thing to have more than just a few. I have about 10 pairs. Although I don't always wear every pair that I own, it is necessary that I keep each one. I think it's necessary for everyone to have at least one or two pairs of walking shoes, a pair of nicer shoes for any special events, sandals (or slides / flip flops) for hotter weather, and possibly a pair of boots if they live somewhere that gets snow or muddy. It's nice to have more though, for options. I wouldn't want to have too many shoes though, as I know some would just sit and never be worn.. but I definitely wouldn't want only a couple pairs either.

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I think having 3 pairs of shoes, both leather and rubber are enough for each person. I really am not fond of shoes, so I only have a few of them. Besides, some of them, especially rubber shoes, disintegrate with time, so better not have too much of them.

3. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Needs and wants are two different entities. I would categorise someone with countless pairs of shoes as being in the 'wants' category. All of us have our wants which we can easily do without but it is our individual craving that we feel we should fulfil.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think you should have a shoe collection, especially women because lets face it, you can buy shoes on sale,or buy a good used pair for pretty cheap as well. Try to find the buy one get one free shoes also,because I know they are out there. The biggest reason for having more than one pair of shoes though, is that feet have more sweat glands than any other part of the body-I have read. You need to let them air out a day or so-and change your socks as well, as far as leather shoes go especially, because they lose their shape and last longer if you give them a rest.

5. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    This is where I'm 100 percent guilty @iamawriter@iamawriter, I have an serious urge to acquire more shoes, more like a trophy collection. Sometimes, I see myself as being creep when it comes to how I crave for more shoes. There are some in my shoes rack that I have not worn for once and others that I just put on highest twice, but I still go after more stock.

Recently, I made it a habit of getting a shoe that it's trending in any particular state I went to, just to keep memory of such visit physical in my home. Creep right? o_O

6. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    You do not have to feel guilty. You have that craze for collecting. But I am sure you cannot match what Imelda Marcos had in her shoe rack (lol)

7. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Haha, I bet I would, so let's see how it goes with how things are now, I might even outscore her in the collection business before the year runs out (LOL silly me) :p.

I don't know if I would call it addiction or attachments, the feeling to ignore buying more seems to be very difficult. Sometimes, I resist trying to count my cost on these shoe collection because it's definitely going to drive me nuts on the figures I would arrive at :eek:.

8. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Many pairs of shoes can be a big stress keeping them in the house. I am sure you can't even put on all pairs. Two office /work shoes, one sports shoes and at least gumboots for bad weather are manageable. You can easily repair them in case they are torn. And if it comes to the worst such that you they are beyond repair, go to the market and purchase new ones.

9. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I have four pairs and I intend to add two more. I hate having one pair because wearing the same shoe everyday is really depressing. I am more satisfied with having 3 or 5 pair of shoes. Having 10 like you will be an added bonus especially if all of them are my favorite. :D

There are so many cheap shoes for ladies at my place but they never last a month. So it is better to save and invest in an expensive shoes that will last for 3 years.

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    As a woman I do enjoy having different types of shoes available for different events and outfits. It is good to have a variety for example dress shoes, tennis shoes, heals, flats, and sandals. I don't think men need as many types as they only wear pants and shorts as for women there's a variety a clothes that need their matching shoes.

11. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    It is reasonable to have a few pairs. Let's say 3 or 4. That way, you are sure that you will go for a long period without requiring new shoes. That translates to saving a lot of cash. Most of the time you will find people having only one pair. That means that it will wear out in no time and they will start budgeting for a new pair.

12. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I think having a good number of shoes is a necessity especially for the ladies. We love to have a variety for different occasions and also just in case the others are wearing out. But I think that by buying shoes that would match a number of clothes, you can actually have a few pairs and get away with it. Most people look at my face when they first see me. Lol

13. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    You will soon stop when you realise you are left with no money to buy your daily bread unless you are wealthy and these expenses mean nothing to you. May be one fine day you can have a sale of these shoes.

14. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I can't help it laughing at this your latest comments, you said and I quote, "You will soon stop when you realise you are left with no money to buy your daily bread unless you are wealthy and these expenses mean nothing to you". This just bust up my ribs with laughter but in reality, you are making a good point.

Maybe I would stop one day or the day that I take out time to count my cost on these lifestyle of mine. Although, I must admit that one time ago, I considered selling off some that I haven't worn for a very long while but later decided to keep them as just trophies.

15. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    What you need is self control. And to attain self control I recommend you go for Yoga and meditation. This will improve your mental health and that in turn will give you the self control not to go for shoes any more.

16. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, we need many pairs of shoes. You need different shoes for different occassions. You wear sneaker when you go for jogging. You cannot wear the same sneaker when you go to a party. For parties, you need stilote (for women). You can wear boots for formal occassions, however, when you go to gym, you cannot wear boots.

17. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Me personally, I don't think you need many pair of shoes. Though it depends on your own definition of many. Having shoes for the rain and snow, sandals and just regular day shoes should be enough. So generally, think having between 6- pairs of shoes should be enough, maybe even a little less just so you want have to buy more than you need.

18. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Haha :D, yoga might work for me because I kind of fancy anything that involves exercise but meditation, seriously? That's the most boring way of life and doing things.

Sometimes I wonder how monks are good at it without going nuts. Personally, I'm not sure if I would survive a forceful meditation. It's not really my thing but generally, I would agree that self control is good.

19. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Knowing the benefits of meditation will enthuse you to go for it There are so many sites on the Net which you could search for and read about the benefits of meditation and the most important of all is that it helps us achieve self control. It is not necessary that you should go for it the way monks do. Just a 10 minute session daily is good enough.

20. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Alright @iamawriter@iamawriter you are being persuasive enough with your advice and maybe I would have to look up these sites about the benefits of meditation and see if it's going to work for me.

But forgive my being too skeptical about this, as I tend not to be convinced that easily. Have you in any being involved in meditation therapy before or are you just telling what you read online :(?