Does peppermint oil keep mice away?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by chocbunny • Aug 10, 2012.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Too much of it, and it may keep people away too. Actually I've heard that peppermint oil keeps cats away from things. Do you currently have any cats? Or strays that hang out around your place? You may not want to drive away cats if you are trying to get rid of the mice.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard that quite a few times but luckily wouldn't know first hand.

3. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    Yeah I have heard my mom talking about it one day :) Hope that will work out fine because my mommy tried it once at our house and it worked out

4. Rosemary

RosemaryNew Member

Threads:
    The best way to get rid of mice or any rodent is to make sure they can't get in. Last year I had some holes in my air vents on my roof and had rats in my attic. No matter how many traps were set by my pest control guy, they never caught any.

Finally got rid of them when I called another company that went around my whole house looking for entry points and closing them. Cost $900 but worth it.

I also like in a very nice subdivision of newer homes and yet there were rats. Ugh!

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is wonderful information for me. I put down ant poison and once I did this the queen ant came out and bit me which left a big welt on my thigh. Then I put another poison gain the queen ant came out and bit me 3x on my back and it hurt! I put down ant poison again but now I use peppermint for my backache, age and riding the bus with heavy packages has caught up with me, so I got a backache. I started putting peppermint on my aches and it works like magic. Love the coolness and it takes away the pain magically too! I have had no ant bite too, now I know why-good old peppermint! I found out peppermint is great for prickly heat. Thanks for the informational post about peppermint! Great Ipeppermint is. Getting it on sale saves money, but I haven't found any on sale. The cheapest peppermint oil is at Walmart so far on Oahu, Hawaii.