Does Rain Make you Depressed?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by aimeep80 • Oct 15, 2014.

1. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Rarely does rain make me depressed. I love rainy weather. I feel all cozy in my house and lay in bed watching TV. I also don't mind driving in the rain. In fact, here in Texas many people will get out and run errands. Rain, for us, means a break in the heat so we want to get out and enjoy it.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    No, not really. I actually like rainy and cloudy days for jogging. The whole scene of such days is good for personal reflection. In addition, sometimes I like cold days on top of that.

However, I also like sunny days. I like a wide variety of weather.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I feel quite the opposite since I love rain especially when I get to stay home. The sound of the rain tends to calm me down and it's easier to get to sleep. I love rainy season since it gets a colder and my daughter like cuddling with me. I like looking at the rain, it is quite relaxing.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like to use the word depress. I'd say rains normally make my day looks unattractive. I become less active as my movement for the day may be affected. The weather goes dull and activities are on low ebb. I would rather it falls at night than the day. Some rains could be intense and long lasting that virtually good hours of the day is spent indoors just dulling away.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I know certain areas have more rain than others but our area having four weathers have a limited rainy season and lately we are suffering from lesser then normal rain. So for us the rain is always welcome even if our drainage systems are not up to date and create problems for us.

6. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I like rain to be honest. I mean it doesn't make me extremely happy but then it doesn't make me depressed either. However what does get me depressed is cold dark weather in the morning especially. I don't know why but it just puts me down and I don't feel like going to college then :D. In the morning especially I want to have sunny weather or snow

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    To be very frank rain always cheers me up. There was a time not so long ago when I used to join kids in the rain dance in a park just in front of my house. Now I feel bit shy doing that but when I see them enjoying dancing and running around when it rains I wish to join them.

8. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I like rain. It does not depress me, in fact I enjoy it. I feel that watching rain has a soothing effect on me. Yes, I do agree that during rainy season, it's a bit difficult to get out. But, you can enjoy yourself at home too.

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    As far I am concerned only watching is not enough. I love the sound of rain and if I can feel it it is still better. In fact, I had tried a gadget with sound of rain that helps me sleep easily.

10. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I think that there was a period of the rain at my place that took almost an entire week. I was constantly wet and caught a cold, so it was not a very good time for me. It made me beyond depressed because when I am ill I get very moody and it seems to me that the whole world turned black.
    Unfortunately besides tea and aspirin, I have no other cure.

11. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the situation of every person or individual. When he is a farmer, he need more rain for his crops and other plants. But when he is worker, long period of rainy days would hamper his job. He would be compelled to get absent. Rain may give us the good and the bad of it depending on our activities in life.

12. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Ran actually makes me happy unless I depend on sunny weather for work. I love rain. Rain cleanses the streets, cools the air and gives you a rest of that blasted sun for a while.

13. Forty Five

Forty FiveNew Member

Threads:
    Rain does not make me feel depressed at all, in fact it is the exact opposite that's true, it totally lifts my mood. I think it depends on the area where you come from. Where I'm from it doesn't rain frequently and sometimes the heat gets really intense, so when it rains, it comes as a long awaited relief. The only downside of rain for me is that it can tie you down and interrupt your day's plans but other than that I absolutely love it.

14. Lazar

LazarMember

Threads:
    No, it makes me relaxed and sleepy. :) I love the sound of the rain and even walking in the rain. It's a time when I can think calmly about everything and I feel great. The only time when I don't like rain is when it messes with my plans like playing sports with friends outside, unlike me, people usually don't like to get wet. :)

15. kokimboka

kokimbokaMember

Threads:
    I love because the air is usually so refreshing. During the rainy seasons I get to sleep well at night, I just love the whole atmosphere during this season. I wont lie that there aren't times when I get confused because I want to go out and its raining cats and dogs. All in all, I still prefer rain and mud than heat and dust.

16. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    Rain doesn't make me depressed, it actually reminds me of my childhood. We used go out when it was raining and play with water and mud. It was really fun and it's a memory I carry to this day. The only thing that happens when it rains is that I sleep better and for longer than normal. I don't know the relationship there but it's the truth.

17. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I like rain and rainy season. Rain reminds me of so many pleasantries of life. I like to watch rain from my window. I also like to get drenched in the drizzle. Walking in the forest while its raining is so much fun.

18. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I love rain and it's something I can't explain through words. But the rain doesn't make me feel depressed... I just tend to be more thoughtful (and this to me is a good sign, it's a good thing). Rain is life! ;)

19. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you know some people find sound of rain so soothing that they use it as way of sleeping. You read me right, they have developed instruments with sound of voice which help you sleep when you hear the sound of rain. I also feel that sound of rain helps you sleep easily and longer than in normal conditions.

20. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't find the rain depressing at all. I love it and it is one of my most favorite seasons. The only thing I don't like is the floods that it will create after heavy and continuous rainfalls as I have encountered it once and the effects were worst. Anyways I enjoy the rain a lot. :)