Does Riddex Plus Pest Repellent really work?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by trishgl • Sep 11, 2013.

1. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    We would all want to lessen the chemicals we use in our homes so I was thinking of buying a Riddex plus pest repellant. The issue is the reviews are so mixed I'm not sure if I should buy one. First off some say it works but others say its a total failure. Still some claim that it only works in new houses because the electric wiring is better compared to old houses. It works supposedly on electric pulses that drive pests away. What has been your experience with this device?

2. Steverd

SteverdMember

Threads:
    NO, they do NOT work. I've researched this before when I thought about buying one. I found numerous test in which people placed the Riddex by roaches, spiders or mice and turned them on. In almost all cases the bugs acted as normal, even walking all over the device. One study showed that it might have scared some mice.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sucks. I was actually thinking of getting one because the commercial made them look like a replacement for bug spray that would scare away all the crawly things.
    I guess if they actually worked it would put fumigation services out of business.

4. darelle4

darelle4Member

Threads:
    And I was actually thinking about buying a couple to resell but it seems as if the majority of as seen on tv products are very questionable. But I saw a video on YouTube that showed how it works and there was a test of the product and based on the video it works. But it's a good thing I find out here in this forum about it today.