Does The Ability To Buy "as Seen On Tv" Products In Stores Lessen Your Desire For Them?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Megan888 • Mar 25, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really can't afford the As Seen on TV products because on most of them the shipping is exorbitant. Also when I bought one of the items one time, I wasn't very happy with it, so that kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. I did buy some pajama jeans once, that were widely advertised on As Seen on TV, but I found them in CVS...of all places!

2. ziska

ziskaMember

Threads:
    It is an interesting question. Sometimes when I have seen a product advertised on TV it does give a good "expanded" view of the product. I get to see the product in action. Sometimes I can see the versatility of it, or see ways I might use it in my home. I am not sure seeing that makes me want to buy it via calling the 1-800 number and ordering it. That is because I believe I can get it cheaper and not pay shipping or get upsold by just going to Walmart or Wallgreens and buying it. Many times it is even cheaper on Amazon or Overstock.

3. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes they do because I think it's misleading to see them in the stores when the company tells you on TV in your face that you can't buy them in stores.

If there is really a store that only sells As Seen On TV products, I'd like to go there and ask where they got their inventory.

4. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Not in the least. In ract it makes me want to buy them as they are more accessible. The local Walgreens store carries these items and I have bought one or two of the tv items.

5. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Actually seeing it in a store, greatly increases my chances of buying it. The infomercial draws me in with all the info for the product, but I rarely purchase a product from watching the infomercial. When I see it in the stores, I'm a lot more open to buying it because there's no shipping to pay, and the cost is a lot lower.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    If the item is available in stores I would be more inclined to attempt a purchase. In the store, I would have the advantage of testing or examine the item for its suitability. There may be a discount available for buying the stuff the TV advertisement, however, shipping and handling charges may eliminate the advantage when compared to buying in store.