Does the End of a Recent DOCTOR WHO Episode Remind You of the Final Episode of QUANTUM LEAP?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by mythman • Sep 1, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

In the

the antagonist finds himself in Heaven/Paradise after dying at the hands of The Doctor, welcomed by a mysterious woman who calls herself The Doctor's girlfriend (or implies that she is such when she implies that The Doctor is her boyfriend ... you would have to see it).

This implies that she- or some other Heavenly force-may have The Doctor's whole convoluted storyline-under control & -directed to purpose. Reminds me of

---in which Sam meets 'God' (Al the bartender, I think) right before he accomplishes the ultimate purpose of the QUANTUM LEAP-program (simply telling Al-the-hologram's wife that he's coming home soon from the war) & disappears from existence.

Is my imagination too far-reaching there, or does it also seem to you that The Doctor is approaching his ultimate purpose (especially since this IS supposedly The Doctor's 'final regeneration')?