Does The Packaging Entice You?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • May 5, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think the packaging usually plays a major role in my overall decision on whether or not to buy a product I've never tried before. Just yesterday, I came across a potato chip brand that was a bit more on the expensive side, but the packaging was nice so I assumed it was a quality product and bought it anyway. I tasted the contents and it was nice but it doesn't appeal to my personal taste, although, I'd say the quality surely was there. I'd probably never buy it again, but it made me curious as to how much people value packaging as a factor when deciding to try out a new product.

Does packaging of food items play a big role on your decision to try out certain products?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Not very much these days. I am more concerned about the quality of the product itself, not how pretty the package design is. I've found many store brand products that are just as good as, if not better than some of the major brands. For example, I really like Whole Foods own brand of boxed chicken stock, vs. something like Progresso or Swanson.

The only time I will go with a brand name product with nicer packaging is if I am buying the stuff for someone else, such as putting together a gift basket or something like that.