Does the Sony PS4 Have enough Memory Storage?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Scottf13 • Mar 20, 2014.

1. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    I ask because 500 GB is not really enough for me. Does anyone know if there are any good add-ons or third party components that can be used to increase storage. I don't own one currently, and wanted to know if there were any items such as this that you would personally recommend. I have seen statements by people who claim to have increased their units to 2 TB, but I would like to get a little direct insight if I could.

2. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    The PS4 has a removable hard drive that you indeed can upgrade. Unlike the Xbox One it does not support external hard drives. So you will have to replace the current one with a larger one.

Here is a good article with all the details you need to know:

Please Log In to view this link!

It'll probably be around 100 USD for a 1TB hard drive. Just type in PS4 hard drive on google and click on shopping. There are a lot of options there.

3. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    May I ask why 500 gigs isn't enough? I've always thought that anything over a 100 Gigs was plenty on a game console. Do the games on the newer systems take up much more space? Or do you just keep a whole lot of music on your system?

4. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    500GB should be more than enough. Considering the fact that you can not play media files on the ps4. 500GB is a ridiculous amount of storage for game saves alone.

5. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    I'm glad to hear about it being able to upgrade to a higher memory storage! I tend to try out or play a lot of different games, and I wondered about what would happen when I started getting a lot of DLC stuff floating around.

Also, maybe I am wrong but aren't many or most game installs mandatory on PS4 (caching)? I might be out of date on my information. Some of those games top 50 GB each, and if I download games it will have to be installed anyway.

As time wears on game sizes will probably get bigger too. I don't doubt that a 100 GB game install is coming soonish.