Does Your Birthday Fall On A Holiday, Anniversary, Or Another Special Event?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by MrsJones • Apr 25, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    This year my husband's birthday, our anniversary, mother's day and the day my mother passed fall on the same day. The likelihood of this happening is what - seven years? Can you recall the last time this happened to you? Or when your birthday fell on the actual day you were born?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds pretty chaotic. My birthday is far away from everyone else's birthday that I know, and there are no real holidays or special events around it, so I feel lucky. I'm a low-key kind of person, and I would hate to have a bunch of special days fall on my birthday. I'd rather keep it as a lone birthday with nothing else around it because that's just my preference.

3. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    No, I'm lucky but I know a few people born on Christmas Day and Boxing Day who find it very annoying, because they don't get as many gifts. LOL. Plus they find it takes their day away from them.

4. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    My son is born on New Year's Eve. He was 4 week early so I had planned to have a January baby but he had other ideas. Since he's been born we always celebrate his birthday instead of New Year's Eve. It's so close to Christmas so in the span of a week he gets all his presents. Having a birthday at the end of the year makes him the youngest on every sports team he plays on which is quite a disadvantage as some kids are almost a full year older than him. He is also the youngest in his class every year too. He doesn't know anything different but I do wish he could have been born just 7hours later on January 1st.

5. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    My birthday is May 9th so there have been years when it falls on Mother's Day. As a matter of fact, if you ask my son when my birthday is he will tell you it's Mother's Day. Which is cute but a tad silly too because his birthday is May 4th so all he really has to do is add 5 days to his. I don't mind sharing my birthday celebration with Mother's Day. I actually enjoy it because then my Mom and I can both get special treatment and gifts. After all, if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have a birthday.

6. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    My birthday is on the 26th of December. My mother said I almost made it out on Christmas; I was just a little late coming out. I would have loved to have my birthday fall on Christmas. Christmas is my favorite holiday so it would be cool! My family sometimes does not give me double presents, so that would not matter if I actually had my birthday on Christmas. I was totally like "YAY double presents!!!" at first. But I was so wrong haha. I am still very grateful for any amount given to me though.

7. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    My son's birthday falls just before Christmas. He has always said he feels cheated. He thinks he should get more gifts than he does. LOL I've told him he's lucky he gets as much as he does, since they're so close together.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:What an irony that a death falls on a birthday and I'm sorry that it happened to you. So far this hasn't happened to me or anyone that I know of. It is very sad when a death memorial falls on your birthday I feel. What about people born on Sept. 11? When you stop and think about it some tragic days have happened in history in every country, but births happen everyday.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was born on October 23, an ordinary day. So this thread is not for me. But my sister's birthday is on December 25, yes, Christmas Day. That is the main reason why we troop to their house for the double celebration of Christmas and her birthday. It is now our tradition since they had acquired a house in the year 2005. With the food, we share by bringing our own dishes so that the bulk of expenses will not be shouldered by my sister alone.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh wow, MrsJones, that sounds like it's going to cost your family a lot with all that activity. I'm sorry to hear that it's also the anniversary of your mother's passing. My birthday is on the 13th November, and it's never fallen on the same day as another big event. Once again, this year, there's nothing eventful happening on the day.