Does your monitor's refresh rate affect your games frame rate?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Goat of Departure • Oct 7, 2014.

1. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I've been thinking a lot lately and for some reason I never really got what the refresh rates stand for when it comes to monitors. On my PC my monitor's refresh rate range from 60 to 85 hertz while on my laptop it's stuck with just 60 hertz. Now I play games on both my laptop and PC and for some reason I find that playing on my PC results to better performance compared to playing on my laptop.

At first I thought it's because of the systems which is true, most PC's are more powerful than laptops even though they're of the same specs but when I tried to plug in the monitor to my laptop I notice some improved performance in terms of frame rate, it's much more smoother to say the least. I thought it had something to do with the refresh rate of the monitors. What do you think?

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think it does. Frame rates are determined by your computers capability of producing frames per second. How many frames the computer can pump out every second. Regardless of how much your monitor's refresh rate are, if you're computer can only pump out 20 frames per second on a game then that's the only number you'll get out of it. :)