Does your pet like weird food?

Discussion in Pets started by Plinko • May 12, 2014.

1. Plinko

PlinkoMember

Threads:
    I have a cat that LOVES ranch-style salad dressing. He goes crazy for it when I give him a little dab. Of course, I don't give him very much, but I do think it's funny that he would choose salad dressing as his favorite food.

Do you have a pet that goes bonkers over "different" foods? If so, do you feed it to them regularly? Or, do you keep it as an extra special treat?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dog loves yogurt. I'm not sure if that's considered weird. He also loves mangoes! But I think it's normal for dogs to enjoy sweet things like that... I never tried to feed my dog something particularly weird. But my aunt's dog likes letuce.... in my opinion it doesn't get weirder than that. Who on earth LIKES lettuce??

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We sometimes have a lot of molasses on the farm. Spills occur occasionally when feeding the cows.The first time the dog tasted the molasses, he hesitated only a moment before slupping it like the world was going to end. These days, I give him a drop or two because I heard that it [molasses] has some health benefits for animals.

4. robinegg

robineggMember

Threads:
    It's not really food but one of my dogs has an obsession with small, hard things. She like to scrounge around the house looking for screws, nails, scissors, and that type of thing on the floors. It always gives me a heart attack when I find her holding one between her paws and nibbling on it. Once, I dropped a chopstick under the table and she RAN for it, then escaped to the other side of the room with it in fear of me stealing her new chopstick...

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Our dog has an obsessions with pasta nests.

I have a video of him freaking out over them at this link:

(It won't let me embed it, sorry!)

6. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    One of our dog has an obsession over plastic. I know it's not a food but he would chew plastic for hours and if one is already ripped completely in a very small pieces then he'd go into the kitchen looking for more plastics to steal. It's very annoying most of the time because our yard is always messed with colourful ripped plastics and someone always has to pick them up!

7. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I have a bird that loves potato chips. It doesn't matter what kind of chips they are when I hold the bag up to the cage he just runs to front of the cage and try to lift the door open to get to the bag. And what crazy is that he know what they are. When he is given the chips he eats them and runs and jumps on his pole he is so excited.

8. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I have a cat that loves cranberry based treats. I've always thought that was weird. Too bad the treats he liked are no longer at Petsmart.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well my cat loves junk food and any kind of food that tastes similar to it, basically he eats anything crunchy. He also likes pasta dishes and banana that was fried and coated with sugar. He eats ice cream and french fries too. I feed him whatever I eat, so he gets exposed to different types of human food, lol.