Does Your Touch Screen Device Become Unresponsive When You Use It While Charging?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by sidney • Sep 24, 2015.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is either that or the older battery had done damage to my device by the time that I managed to purchase myself a new battery. Yesterday, my phone froze and turned itself off a number of five times in total. I even got a white screen that said something like: fatal phone error. But then it flashed back and then turned itself off. It is still working, but I definitely need to get myself a new phone and soon.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I heard this was a problem with the iPad Air 2. From what I understand when charging some of the taps don't register, but unfortunately no one has the specific answer as to why it's happening. Some say it's because of the chargers but I've heard from a lot of people who just use the original charger that it happens for them too. I think it's just a fault in the design and maybe it was just too minor for the quality checkers to notice or care about.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, You might want to read this, I am already familiar with that white screen error, and in my case I just had to replace the flex since it was a sliding phone. Is your phone a slider phone? Anyway here is the link:

!

4. DreekLass

Threads:
    Thanks so much for the link. I will definitely take a look at it when I have more time. After I got the white screen fatal error on my phone for the first time the other day, I did do a google search, but all that came up were results for other phones, and the error screen looked nothing like the screen that had come up on my phone. I have a touch screen phone with no slider.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, How old is your phone? From my experience around 3 years onwards they now start to malfunction. During the times when my pc or phone would get broken I always wish that I can fix them like a paid technician does, after all I am genuinely interested in learning how to troubleshoot electronics. I just don't have the time to learn it. I think I ought to take those classes for me to really know how to do it.

6. DreekLass

Threads:
    My phone is very old now. Much over seven years old at this point. Six at the least, I think. I started having problems with it about two years ago, so it is not as though I have not gotten my money's worth lol. Snap because I often feel that way too - like I wish I knew how electronics worked so that I could fix things myself. Luckily my uncle is a wiz with these things, but it is still having to rely on someone else which sucks.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't experienced that freezing of the phone in using it while being charged. But what happened was the bloating of the battery that also affected the motherboard. Fortunately, my Samsung S3 was repaired by the tech. I was also advised not to use the phone while on a charging mode because it tends to overheat the battery. So now I shut down the phone when I charge it. Better safe than sorry.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, I am actually gonna attempt to flash one of my defective phones, so I hope I will be successful! I won't lose anything anyway since it's dead already.

@Corzhens@Corzhens, How much did you pay for the repair? What caused the bloating in your case?

9. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I've never had this problem, and I keep my phone plugged in most of the time I'm home. You should take it to tech support and see if there's anything wrong with it.

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    I am actually trying to look into how to root my tablet, so that it can access and run Android 5, or Android lollipop. Most of the websites that I earn money on are upgrading to Android 5, and I currently cannot earn money from them because my tablet is not currently able to run Lollipop. I'm thinking of getting a new phone and if I do, it is going to have to be Android Lolipop.

11. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The cost of repair of my Samsung S3 is $30 excluding the new battery. However, I have a friend who knows the tech so I was given a new battery for free. The cause of bloating of the battery is overheating. The tech said that the phone should not be left plugged in when already full of charge because the excess electricity tends to bloat the battery and eventually damage the phone.

12. karamara

karamaraMember

Threads:
    Try changing chargers or trying using another USB cable (if you're using one). My phone does that sometimes but it's way back when I was still using a Windows Phone 7 so I expect nothing of it other than the phone is really crap that's why it does that. Maybe try changing ports or just refrain from using your phone.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, I know it can be done if you simply follow the instructions, but that's one thing I won't attempt for now because it can make your phone completely dead if you do it wrong, lol. If you do proceed to do it, then I hope everything goes well! :)

@Corzhens@Corzhens, Ah so you always left that plugged in when fully charged already? I always unplug my phones when they're fully charged, unless I'm sleeping.

@karamara@karamara, I do notice that when I charge the phone using the PC it doesn't malfunction as compared to using the universal battery charger. I guess the blame is partly on using a charger.

14. karamara

karamaraMember

Threads:
    Well if that's the case I think its a voltage problem or something. Some chargers even though they're pretty much all the same sometimes have a slightly higher voltage output than others and it might be causing some issues with the phone. I wouldn't recommend using that charger again because it might damage your phone.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @karamara@karamara, Yeah I guess you're right, I think that the charger is the one that's causing problems. It charges fast though, at 2 hours it's full already, while the PC charges really slow, like 4 hours before it gets to 100%. The voltage is 5.2 volts, 800 mA, so I think I should choose a lower voltage one.