Dog beds?

Discussion in Pets started by SEA81 • Sep 5, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    My vet suggested getting a PVC pipe dog bed for my dog, but PetSmart doesn't sell them. Does anyone know where else I can get one? Are they expensive? Thanks!

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Why did your vet recommend that type of bed? Is there any particular reason? You can try amazon or ebay. They have pretty much everything and you can find coupons on retail menot for both of those sites. I just add it to my cart, then wait and they usually send you a coupon to close the sale!

3. themdno

themdnoNew Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of a bed like that, I'm curious as to why he prescribed that as well? I would second the ebay notion, I'm sure you could find one on there. On the flip side, it sounds like it could also be easy to make. But, I guess that depends on why your doggie needs it. If it's an important medical issue, I'd just buy him a good one.

4. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Here's on I found on Petedge:

ZT454_230X230.JPG

It cost $49.99. I'll bet you can find them cheaper on amazon.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I had never heard of them before either and wondered why a vet said to get one. The pic that sandooch posted helped me to understand what they are. If you have a large or heavy dog, make sure the bed can support them. I would think just a simple blanket on the floor would accomplish whatever the vet is wanting. If there is some kind of critter getting to your dog, I would get rid of the critters instead.

6. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard of them. They are designed to keep the pooch of the floor. The prices can vary depending on the size and style. If you are crafty, I would make it yourself. PVC pipe doesn't cost that much and can be bought in a number of lengths with the appropriate connecters. Some light sewing of a sturdy comfy material and your all set.

7. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    That does not look too comfortable to me. I think I could make a better one myself lol. I just use a giant dog pillow and my dog loves to sleep on it. The cat sleeps in an old box with a cushion in it and she loves it. Nothing too fancy for my pets. Why did the vet advise you to get this type of bed specifically I wonder?