Dog Fur Purse

Discussion in Pets started by chiofthenorns • Sep 12, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I recently read an article about a designer/businesswoman who is making purses out of groomed dog hair. She is selling her work for $1000 each though she hopes that she can make more affordable ones in the future. If you own a long-furred dog, would you consider donating the groomed fur to make a purse? Don't you think this business idea is really weird?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have watched a similar feature on Animal Planet, although I watched a woman using her cat's fur and selling it as handicrafts and accessories. I don't mind donating my dog or cat's fur to those who want, it but I don't think I can be bothered to gather and store them, lol. And yes, the idea is totally weird, but if it makes them money, then good for them. Some people like weird things.

3. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I think its kind of an odd concept especially since it makes me think of regular fur products which I object to. But if there is a market for it and people are actually willing to pay that amount of money, then I guess it could be a good business concept. I would't personally spend that kind of money on dog fur purse or any kind of purse to tell you the truth.