Dog fur trimming

Discussion in Pets started by Oakster • Mar 28, 2014.

1. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    Do you trim your dog's fur yourself or do you get it done elsewhere?

I used to hire a person who does this service, but I figured it was extremely cheaper to just buy the special scissors myself, even if I only use them 2-3 times a year.
    It takes me maybe 15 minutes to trim the fur and I save lots of money.

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    My dog has a double coat but fortunately he doesn't need to be trimmed. I just brush him ( and brush him some more...) he sheds alot. And he has a bath maybe once a year. He's relatively low maintenance. I would be a bit worried that I would accidentally cut the dog, but if you can do it with a steady hand then it seems like a good way to save some money.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We used to have a Cocker Spaniel before, but we never have taken him to a grooming pad. We just cut the excess fur on his ears when it gets long. Come to think of it, taking care of long-eared dogs can be a hassle, because their ears get dirty most of the time, especially when they're eating, so you have to clean the tips of their ears often.

4. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to hire a professional to work on my pet. I have always hired a person to come and do the trimming. It is much better that way rather than having to do it myself and might end up messing.

5. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    Just one bath a year? Mine *needs* one every 2 months, but we do it every month since she actually likes it :)