Dog Training...how Much To Pay For It

Discussion in Pets started by RNswife2014 • Jan 16, 2016.

1. RNswife2014

RNswife2014New Member

Threads:
    My husband and I welcomed a little Maltese puppy into our family in July of 2015. We've been looking into various training/obedience classes and facilities in our area, but we can never settle on a cost that feels reasonable. The cheapest option we've found has been at PetSmart, but I've read mixed reviews on the effectiveness of their training classes.

What do you think is a reasonable amount to pay for training/obedience classes?

Attached Files:

2. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    He is such a cutie! It is a boy right? Any way, I think that you get what you pay for. There is this dog trainer I see on TV and his name is Ceasar Millan. The show comes on Saturday mornings but I forget which channel. I would say give petsmart a try. If you don't like how they are training the puppy you can always go elsewhere.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When our 2 small dogs were puppies, we hired a trainer who comes 3 times a week for a 1-hour session for each dog. The training lasted for 3 months. Obviously we spent a fortune on that because of the time given to our puppies. After the graduation, all our puppies know is the command SIT and nothing more. The 2 puppies were still stubborn and hard-headed. Now those puppies are 3 years old and they bark too much. We are looking for another trainer to help us control the barking of our dogs.