dog's food!

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Devonte • Jul 1, 2012.

1. Devonte

DevonteNew Member

Threads:
    May be, this is question been asked before. But I'm still curious. What sort of food do you prefer for your
    dog. Frozen or Raw?
    Actually, raw food contains a lot of germs and bacteria that definitely can't disturb the stomach.
    What do you comment about that?

#1Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  2. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I start with raw food. Then I cook it. That's how I kill all the germs and bacteria. Actually I don't have to do that. Dogs can handle a lot more germs and bacteria than we can. Just watch how dogs forage in the trash dump.

3. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    When I had my dog I always gave him dry food recommended by the vet and he seemed to thrive on it. Every so often I would treat him with fresh beef or chicken but not too often as his breed (labrodor) is prone to obesity. I do agree with Victor Leigh though - dogs can stomach a lot more in the way of bacteria than humans can. Plus, and I don't know if you know this already but canned dog food is actually tested by humans before sale because anything that is sold in this way has to be fit for human consumption. I assume just in case some of it is eaten by accident.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feed my dog a combination of dry food and canned food, and sometimes pieces of cooked meat from our family's dinner. I don't like the idea of feeding my elderly dog raw meat because since he's an older dog, his constitution might not be as strong as a young dog.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We feed our dog table food nowadays. He used to eat dog food, but he doesn't like it and only eats it when he is really hungry, like when he has not eaten the whole day. So now we just feed him table food.

6. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    My brother feeds his dog raw meat. He knows a lot about them and says that is what they supposed to eat. Their body digests it better. But my dad feeds his dog cooked chicken and rice and it is healthier than my brother's dog. Also a dog is supposed to eat the hard kibble at least once a day although a lot of them are picky about it. It is supposed to have fluoride in it and be good for their teeth and fur.