Dogs or Cats?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Nikkishea21 • Jan 8, 2015.

1. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    I really want a cat but I just do not know where to go to get one. I have never seen anyone selling cats the way they do dogs in my area. When I was much younger, a mere child of about 5 or 6 my grandmother had a lot of cats and she would give us kittens whenever newborns came about. I left there long ago and she passed as well, the cats believe it or not seemed to have disappeared from the home soon after this. I really want to get my hands on one, I have a dog at present but the cat is also needed. :eek:

2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a dog person through and through. I have a dog and he's the best thing ever. I had bad experience with cats when i a kid and it pretty much ruined me for all things cat. I personally think cat's are creepy and they stare at you like they're plotting your demise or something. It's kind of disturbing. I'm not going to lie though, Kittens are extremely cute until they're not. :p

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    You can get one from looking at ads in free ad posting sites. Often I see cats constantly being posted as being put up for adoption and the best part is that they are being given away for free. See times you'd even find one that has already been taken to the vet and given necessary treatments which is a huge plus. I always check back on these ads and it looks like they do work and someone does take them eventually because often when I check back they are already marked as sold.

4. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    If you want a cat you should usually be able to get one in an animal shelter (same for dogs^^). When it comes to Cats vs dogs, I'm 100% a dog person. I have much more fun with a dog then with a cat that just wants to cuddle if it feels like it and after it has enough it leaves, putting it's tail in the air and showing me it's behind. Dogs can be played with and to me, they are just a lot more adorable.

5. kay17

kay17New Member

Threads:
    In my area, cats are much easier to find than dogs. People are always selling their cats to good homes, and for free. This is how I got my cat. Be careful though about adopting cats from just anyone, my kitten came home infested with fleas. I had spend a ton of money on flea medication the night I got him. Try to search ads in the newspaper. Another great way is to go to your local animal shelter. You'll probably pay a lot more money at an animal shelter, but at least it makes you feel like you've done a good deed.

6. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    My family had dogs when I was growing up, but if I were to get a pet now I think it would be a cat. I like the fact that they are lower maintenance generally. Then again, I can't see myself get one of them either.

7. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    Gonna go for a walk with a dog now^^ If everything goes well I should be able to adopt him in a week and get a new dog again :D

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    OP, Where are you located? In the US, thousands of cats in kill shelters die every day because they can't find adoptive homes for them. So it's shocking to hear that you can't find a cat anywhere.
    If I want a free cat, I just have to go to my local dumpster and there are cats and kittens scavenging for food.
    People in the US should get their cats spayed and neutered so they don't reproduce out of control.

9. Jake_Arachnid

Jake_ArachnidNew Member

Threads:
    Dogs definitely, you cannot go wrong with a dog. Dogs are loyal and friendly, people may argue and say dogs can be violent, but it all depends on how they're brought up. There is no such thing as a bad dog, only a bad owner. I do like cats but I'd always pick dog.