Dogs vs Cats

Discussion in Pets started by dorothymoreno • Mar 3, 2013.

1. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I know a lot of people like one or the other but as for our family we love both. We have two dogs and a cat right now. The dogs and cat get along really well, we have had our cat since he was born and he is seven months old now and our dogs are three years old. We love both cats and dogs and never choose between the two. Do you like Dogs or Cats better for a pet or do you like both?

My kids really love both dogs and cats, the good thing about our pets that I find to be very important, is that they all get along really well with the kids and the kids love their pets. :D:D

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Definitely dogs. A dog loves you unconditionally, but a cat will make use of you, and then dump you when something better turns up. Dogs are uncomplicated, but cats never let you into their hearts. And of course, they're convinced they're far superior to you, whereas a dog is happy to bask in your approval - and your shadow.

3. WitchyPop

WitchyPopMember

Threads:
    I am not a fan of dogs but I have two elderly cats. Unfortunately they have to live outside because my husband and son are allergic to them. Whatever your choice in pets is, I wish people wouldn't expect visitors to make a fuss of their furry friends when you visit. I understand the love we all have for our pets but some people just don't like animals and might not want to pat or be near your cat or dog or as in my son's case they might be quite allergic to animal fur. Mind you I guess some people might feel the same way about their friends' children!!

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I like dogs a lot better. They're friendlier, cuter and come in all sizes and colors :p Cats can be a little boring and extremely moody for me. Dogs, on the other hand, always want to go out for a walk or fetch the ball. I have a 9-year-old dalmatian who has stayed the same size for years, and she's insanely cute.

5. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    We both have dogs and cats. And they all do get along well too. Cats and dogs have different personalities so they should never be compared on who's better than the other. Cats are more of a curious type and want to do stuff on their own. They would always do stuffs that dogs won't do, like climb on furnitures or go in a very tight space. But once you play with them, I'm sure there's always a laugh in the room. Dogs are more of a companion/guard type. They would always protect the owner. But both are just sweet to their owners in their own way. My cats would always sleep right next to me even without me knowing. I would just wake up finding out they're all snuggled beside me. My dog would always be happy jumping around whenever I come home from work. He's always excited to see me and always wants to go with me whenever I'd go out. I don't compare which one is better among them. I love them equally.

6. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I've had dogs as pets since I was a child and I seem to be able to bond with them better than cats. We've had cats but it always seems that they are just present but they don't react to you much. Dogs to me have always had more personality and some can even read you moods and respond in their own way to comfort you.

7. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I love dogs more! I am not a fan of cats...yet...we have 4 of them. A stray cat gave birth on our property, and we fell in love with the kittens and kept them. Unfortunately, they do not remain tiny and cute for very long - now they are adult cats and very boring. When they were kittens they played a lot and just amused us so much. So, i still prefer dogs...

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer cats than dogs, although the rest of my family prefers dogs. Were your dogs exposed to cats when they were younger and vice versa? Because in my experience, only dogs that were exposed to cats and young cats that were exposed to dogs were the ones that can get along peacefully. Nowadays my 1 dog and 1 cat don't get along, my cat just hates our dog who always chases him because he would like to play with him.

9. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I am a dog person but I can handle cats as well. Cats are more independent though than dogs but I'd still choose a dog anytime because I feel like they're more loyal and easy to train for some reason. And oh yes, I'm allergic to cats :-(. The last time I owned one, I had to give it to my friend because my allergies went really bad.

10. yoshi

yoshiNew Member

Threads:
    I love cats but my husband like a dog. But people in my family is allergic to cat fur. My cat does not. The dog will be pampered cricketers need to raise it. Need to see a doctor and take care of it.
    Brush the dog may be a hassle for me.

11. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    Dog = He feeds me. He is my boss.
    Cat = He feeds me. I am his boss.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer cats because when things get really busy, cats can fend for themselves and dogs can't. But I'm a dog person. I love how affectionate and loyal and fun they are (although cats can share those characteristics, there's just something much more.. I don't know... happy about dogs, lol)

13. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    i also prefer dogs because i have my a smart dog and i love it

14. nav0413

nav0413Member

Threads:
    I hate Cat :mad:

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer cats because I think they fit my personality a bit more. They are a lot easier to maintain and they aren't as noisy. It irritates the hell out of me when a dog won't stop barking, especially if it's not my own and I can't do much about it. Cats and dogs are equally good, but I prefer cats because they aren't as noisy.

16. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    why are you hate cat?is there any reason behind?

17. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Just like they say the dog is a man's best friend. I have always been a fan of dogs they are much fan to walk around with then. This is not the same when it comes to cats or any other pets.

18. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Cats. I just generally prefer them, but objectively they will never bite you or a guest which is a risk with dogs. I have had cats all my life, I did have a dog when I was younger but we only kept it for a short while. I wouldn't toally object to having a dog in the future but I will always prefer cats.

19. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    I can see why cats are can be cool. They don't get in the way and seem pretty laid back. However, the reason I love dogs is because they seem to be more of companions compared to cats. They are more easily taught tricks, they can defend you, and they love to swim. Yeah, dogs rule and cats drool in my book.

By the way, most of this post is tongue-in-cheek. Cats are alright.

20. Adryan

AdryanMember

Threads:
    I will go for a dog i think they are more cute for me and are more energetic than cat and are more loyal they are really fun to be with i have a dalmatian and he is very smart and i love him!!:D