Dollar General Online Coupons Site

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Ke Gordon • Feb 19, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't realize that Dollar General had such an extensive coupons site. They actually do, and some were pretty good. However, it looked like you could only use one at a time. You can either print the coupons or use a pin pad at the register to redeem the coupons. I will check that out when I go to the store today. I shop at DG a fair amount because there is one in my area. It is a clean and well kept store...out here at the lake whereas the ones in town could use a little work.

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We shop at Dollar General quite a bit, too, @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon , and I do not think that I have ever checked their website and looked for coupons.
    We have a Dollar General just down the road from where we live, and it has prices that are very competitive with Walmart; but without all of the hassle of trying to park and shop at the superstore. So, when it is a common item that we can just run into the dollar store and grab instead; we do that .
    I know that we usually get a coupon for a discount with the receipt; but that is for a purchase of at least $25, and we do not often spend that much at a time, or when we do, I never have one of the discount coupons.
    I will look on the website and see about using the virtual coupons though. Kroger puts all of their coupons online, and I just load them onto my Kroger card, and then they automatically are used when I pay for the product. I really like that !

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    There used to be a Dollar General near me but it has closed years ago. I loved going to Dollar General because you could find some really good deals on things that I would have to pay more for at the grocery store. I did not know that they had a coupons section since I have never visited their website. I love when you can get coupons for discounts such as a specific percentage off of a purchase of x dollar amount.

4. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    If you're saying one of each like coupon, yes, you can only use one of each per shopping trip. Actually, once you use them they are normally removed from your account. That's pretty much everywhere that uses digital coupons, though. DG's digitals are almost all manufacturers coupons, which can only be used once.

If you're saying that you can only use one coupon in general, that's not the case. It will automatically take off everyone on that matches something in your check out.

Sadly, they have a LOT of coupon glitches, both bad and good.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a Dollar General in my area, now that I know there are coupons available for the store I may go to the Dollar General more often. I prefer Dollar Tree but that store is not as convenient as the Dollar General.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    After reading this thread; I looked up the Dollar General website, registered for the digital coupon, and loaded up all of the ones that I thought we might possibly use.
    I really love digital coupons, and never use regular coupons that I have to either print out, or even ones that come in the mail, usually. I always forget to take them along, and even when I put them in my purse, I will usually forget about the coupon. The only ones that I use are for restaurants; because we clip the coupon and then take it to the restaurant and use it.
    The digital ones are great, and with Dollar General, it only needs your phone number to activate it; so there is not even a loyalty card needed like we have for the Kroger coupons.

7. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    Thanks for reminding me, I will check the site because I plan to be in DG tomorrow. Hopefully I can find something there that I can use a coupon for. I find Food Lion really has better prices on a lot of items, but DG has some good prices as well, and there are some things I buy there routinely.

8. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    DG also has amazing sales. They tend to have a lot of 50% off clearance sales in which everything in their clearance section and everything marked down throughout the store is an extra percent off. If you use coupons with those sales, you can get amazing deals.

9. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    I just got back from DG. I used a digital coupon that I found on their site. I was gratified to find that the treats my cat likes that were 1.68 across the street were only 1.00 at DG, and I bought two packs so really with was a BOGO. They did not have the cat litter brand that was shown was in the ad though.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I tried signing up for this, but ultimately unsubscribed from their mailing list and removed their app when I saw how many notifications and emails they were sending out each month. I just don't shop there that often to warrant getting nagged so many times per month like that.

11. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    Sorry you were experiencing this Ohiotom. I haven't really noticed them sending a lot of emails, but I guess if I am not going tp shop there I just ignore them, I tend to ignore alot of emails from retailers and freebie sites. Or I just quickly delete them if they are not for me.