Dollar Stores

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by roy835 • Oct 12, 2014.

1. roy835

roy835Member

Threads:
    I really like shopping at Dollar stores at times, depending on what I am wanting to buy. I go to Family Dollar regularly and although many of the items are more than $1, you can still get some top quality products from them, very cheap. Such as, cleaning products, kitchen utensils, seasonings, rags and towels and a bunch of other things. Dollar Tree is a good one to shop at too. Like I said, many of the items do cost over $1. But, there are many other quality products that you can get from dollar stores, for cheap. Why spend more than you have to?

2. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I love the Dollar Tree! I just made my list for my shopping trip for tomorrow. They have so many of the things I would normally buy elsewhere and spend so much for. I have tried things that were just not that great but overall I love shopping there. I love their frozen section and the cards and gift wrap can't be beat. I usually also purchase bread products there as well and I freeze them so the dates are never a problem.

I love that every time I go in to shop they always seem to have something new. :)

I am totally a dollar store shopper!!!

Danyel :)

3. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Did you say Dollar Tree?!? I LOVE shopping at the Dollar Tree! I'm, in fact, shopping there at least once or twice a week, every week. I buy quite a bit of name brand items there that I'd normally buy elsewhere and pay big bucks. I use coupons so I'm usually walking with quite a few freebies and very cheap items each time I go. I have bought some not so good quality items but that's the chance you take everywhere. Dollar Tree also gets in new items every week on Mondays when they get their truck loads in. I look forward to finding the new stuff each week.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I once scored 6 white polo shirt at the Dollar Tree. I think that was probably the best thing I ever found there. They have really lasted me as work shirts too. I expected them to be really low quality and wear out really fast, but they have done very well.

I always go there when I need a greeting card. I can't afford to spend any more than that on something that will just get read a couple of times then sit around and eventually get recycled.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Dollar stores are okay. I don't frequent them that often, but they're okay for snacks and drinks. Things like chips and soda, candy. There are usually a lot of shady people in those stores, so I try to avoid them if I can. I've also had a problem with bad customer service in a number of dollar stores so thats a major negative.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I once got Hanes Her Way T-shirts in all different colors, like pink, yellow, lime green, etc. at Dollar Tree. For the price of one t-shirt, I got half a dozen and they were even brand name. It was a great find. I would love to come across a deal like that again.

7. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I really shopping at dollar tree too. There is a lotion I get there that I really enjoy using and in fact don't use any other kind of lotion. In the regular store I find lotions to be overly oily and a bit allergic to. I was also surprised to find good quality bread and some food in there that was decent as well. You can really save and stock up on certain items when you go to the dollar tree. And they have decent quality things too, I find. For the most part.

8. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    We have pound stores here in the UK. They are good for buying toiletries and cleaning products but not everything is necessarily a pound and you definitely cannot from my experience anyway buy quality clothing from them. They sell tinned goods and sweets and crisps but not fresh food and I don't think it would be a pound if they did. I feel I am missing out.