Dollar Tree Beauty Products - What Do You Like?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by nherie • May 31, 2012.

1. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I have started buying more personal care/beauty items at Dollar Tree and am interesting in knowing what products work for you. I found some perfume that was a dupe for Thierry Mugler's Angel, a really expensive fragrance. To me it smelled like a lighter version of the real thing (the real thing is very strong smelling). I haven't bought it yet, but probably will some time in the future. I also found some Sally Henson Nail polish Pens, but that was a special buy, not their regular stock. I bought Binaca Calcium Mouthwash, a imitation version of Plax, toothbrushes and have been satisfied so far. Nothing is as good as the real thing but when money is tight, Dollar Tree can be a good place to buy beauty items.

2. Ainjell

AinjellMember

Threads:
    I think you will always find deals at the dollar store and although things are cheaper and have off-brand names, you should be cautious when purchasing those products. If you notice when you buy perfume or shampoo/conditioner it is thinner or has a lighter smell and that's because it's watered down. The reason the products cost more is because you get what you pay for. When it comes to toothpaste, unless you need a specific kind, I'll buy them at the dollar store. But, if I need hair care products or perfume, I'd rather save up and get the real thing than to buy a knockoff because you're getting just what you pay for. If you're looking for deals on the REAL things, I recommend going to your local Swap Shop or checking out Ebay or Craigslist. At the dollar store you get a tiny bottle of perfume for $1 when you can get the big real one (which is more than 5 times the size of the small one) at Walmart for $5. You would have to buy 6-8 of the small ones or even more just to make up how much comes in a big one. When money is tight, I go to the dollar store as well but if that's the case, I prefer going to Family Dollar instead of Dollar General or Dollar Tree because Family Dollar will have more name-brand products for about a dollar or two less than Walmart.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The items at the dollar store are smaller that at the Target. You do need to be aware that the smaller sizes do cost you more money.

I like to get candles at the dollar store.

4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    The Dollar Tree is used purchase certain items. There are some good products there that are worth buying and you can save money but if it's something special that you are looking for then you have to go buy that else where. I always buy my laundry detergent there and it works really good and also some food products. They have good vitamins and first aide items that you can purchase as well. Cards and gift wrap is another good item and a lot more just pick and choose what you want and you'll come out a happy camper.

5. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I have tried a few items. The only thing I get on a regular basis is Bonnie Bell lip gloss. It's what I always purchase anyway, so it's cheaper when they have it at Dollar tree. I have bought Colgate toothbrushes there, but the ones I buy are also $1 at Walmart. Once I also tried their version which included 5 of them with travel caps. They were okay, but they didn't seem to stay firm very long and I change out my toothbrushes on a regular basis.

6. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I love Dollar Tree! The have Oil Of Olay and I always take advantage of this good deal. They also have great hair accessories and nail polish.