Dollarshaveclub.com

Discussion in Online Shopping started by LilAnn • Jul 2, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I just signed up for this. I have ordered a 4 blade razor with 4 cartridges. It's going to cost me 6$/month. Every month from here on out, (until I cancel), they will automatically charge my card and send out a 5 pack of bladed. I don't know of ANY good blades for 6$ a 5 pack. It may end up being no better than the1$/12 razors. I look forward to finding out, though! I will let you guys no if it turns out to be poo. Also, if you get your friends to sign up, you get 5$. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post my link here, but I'm not worried about it anyway. all y'all need to do is go to

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    My husband uses dollar shave club and he absolutely loves it. I think he's been using it for a little over a year now or something and has nothing but great things to say about it. I've also thought about signing up for the subscription but I never follow through with it; I don't quite know what's holding me back!

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you'll be pretty surprised when they arrive - the quality of them was much better than I was expecting. I was fully anticipating them being all cheap and lightweight and the blades dulling quickly, but that was not the case at all. I have both the version you purchased as well as the $9 a month one I recently upgraded to.

The handles are very weighty and solid and sturdy. The blades are roughly as good as your far more expensive Gillette variety. My only ding on the $6 model was the handle for some reason was a bit short - shorter than most other brand name razors on the market. It's a bit thicker too, it's like short and stubby - but I got used to it quickly. The $9 one is more like your typical razor handle length, but otherwise not much different from the $6 model.

The blades themselves on both models work fine - I believe there's an extra blade or two on the $9 model, but the $6 already has plenty itself. My only gripe with both of them is that they have too thick of a border around the blades themselves making it difficult to shave in tight positions. It's more of a design issue than a quality issue. When I try to shave right under my nose, that border prevents the blades from getting all the way to the top of what would be my moustache. So I have to kind of go in sideways or at an angle otherwise it misses that patch of hair.

Also, I tried their shaving cream and didn't care for it personally - I would rather stick to a foaming gel. I don't like the clear non foaming gels because I can't see where I shaved already clearly. And I don't feel they lubricate as well personally.

4. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    I was thinking of trying this, but here in Canada it's more expensive.
    I can just go to a big box store and pick up a pack of disposables for $5 that will last me 2 months.

5. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    This is my first time hearing of this site. It brings to mind an ad report I saw on Fox news about a similar site called Harry's. I hope it works out for you, and I would then be willing to share your link with others.

6. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have used Dollar Shave Club, but only recently cancelled my subscription...only because I have a stock pile of blades so I don't need the deliveries right now, and I can put the money saved to another bill. They have excellent customer service and I was very pleased with the product. If you get a chance, check out their commercials on YouTube, they are quite funny!

7. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I just received my first box with the handle and 4 razors, (and a sample of their shave butter). I'm in love. I used the razor and them moisturized with coconut oil. I haven't felt this pretty in such a long time, lol. I know smooth legs don't affect how pretty I look, but it still makes me feel prettier. It kind of made me sad that I don't wear shorts.

8. anniepa

anniepaNew Member

Threads:
    @LilAnn@LilAnn We've been getting them for about a year or more now and my husband and I both love them. It's one less thing to have to remember to pick up from the store and it really is a terrific value. These blades are every bit as good as the much more expensive ones and you get "Bathroom Notes" with them as a bonus. I look forward to reading the jokes and solving the riddle or puzzle that's included with each shipment.

#8Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
  9. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    @anniepa@anniepa I finally got mine. and I can't believe how good my legs feel! I used the razor, exfoliated, and moisturized with coconut oil. (I'm currently dealing with an addiction to coconut oil). My husband is getting annoyed because I keep making up reasons for him to feel my leg. The excitement is starting to cool off a bit. Its just been so long since they felt this good. If my husband wouldn't get mad I would probably go to town and let everyone feel my legs.

#9Aug 5, 2015
  10. anniepa

anniepaNew Member

Threads:
    @LilAnn@LilAnn You'll be getting another package every month like clockwork. They always come on time every time. Thanks for the tip about coconut oil. I'm going to give it a try!

#10Aug 5, 2015