Domain name .99 for a year

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Pat • Feb 8, 2013.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Score a .COM domain from 1&1 for only $0.99!

2. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Is this offer available for the non US Citizen? I want to register a site and feel like this would be a better option for my small business!

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It looks like a great deal, but I haven't heard many good things about this company. Tread lightly.

4. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this site, are you currently using this site and if so, how long have you had it and what can you tell us about the site that would make us want to use it. If it is a good site then I wouldn't mind trying it out and then maybe recommending it to others that I know. Give us a review as to why this would be a good site at a great price.

5. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I checked this offer out. It said the $0.99 option doesn't include the 'Free included Domain'. The cheapest option with the domain actually included is $0.99. It's also per month - not per year.

This deal works out cheaper;
    $0.49 for the domain and $9.99 for the registration. This one is actually per year though, not per month.

6. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So, domains generally boil down to $10 per year. lol. That's generally the norm these days. I think that some Web hosting companies offer one free domain of you avail of their services. 99 cents is just too good to be true.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Be careful with these services, they usually charge you full price when it comes time to renew them, which is usually about $35 each. Plus, if it came with domain privacy, they will often charge another $10 for that as well. I've even run into issues where I cancelled the domains but they still tried to charge me domain privacy fees on all of them.

8. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I was able to find a coupon to buy a domain for 1.99$ on godaddy. I guess it was for a year, not sure though. But I was not able to link my credit card to them for some reason and then came to know about 1&1. I went ahead and bought a domain on it. Later I came to know that it was only for a month.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Purchasing domain names is almost always for a year. It's the hosting that ends up being monthly and people don't realize it.

10. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    I usually take advantage of GoDaddy's offer within the same price range. As mentioned though, you have to be cautious of the auto renewal that will charge your card in the future. That said, usually you can stack the offer with promo from points related sites like Swagbucks and get say $10-15 back in Amazon gift cards.

That said, I know a lot of people aren't too fond of GoDaddy, but they've been fine for me. You also get some basic hosting with the domain, mind you it has an ad at the top of the page. If you Google it though, there's a code you can insert into your page that will hide it.

11. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently tried to take advantage of the 1and1 $.99 deal but then while browsing through another forum I learned that their support sucks and I had to think twice about parting with my one buck. As it's always said, when the deal is too good, you'll probably get ripped off.

If you can, avoid 1and1 like the plague.