Don't buy "just one more thing" for the free shipping

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jessi • Nov 17, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon has a new thing called the Add On program where they are selling items that would be too expensive to ship alone but can be added on to your order to qualify for free Super Saver Shipping.
    One of the items on the Add On program is Suave shampoo for 99 cents ,fulfilled by Amazon that qualifies you for free shipping. If you need 3 more dollars for shipping, they have Hello Kitty bath gel.
    With the Add On program, you can buy little things like soap and bandages that you need anyway and then you get free shipping on your order. I wanted free shipping on my printer ink cartridges, so I bought toothpaste.
    I like the new Add On program.

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like to fall victim of this, but I also don't want to feel like a sucker paying the shipping if I don't have to. So, depending how close I am, I can always find a cell phone case for $1 or $2, and I can always use a extra cell phone case. Thats the beauty of Amazon, you can always find something for a buck or two.

3. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Wow I hadn't heard of that but that's pretty cool. Like they are trying to helpyou get around the shipping prices. Amazon is awesome!

4. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy one more thing to get it, but I do plan my buying to accommodate it when ordering from Amazon. I have a wish list five miles long and when I order something that is eligible I go to my wish list and look for something close to the amount of the difference. I have saved a lot of money this way.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Exactly. Amazon is basically helping you get free shipping by offering things that you need anyway.
    I'm always going to need toothpaste. If I order it from Amazon's Add On program it makes my order ship free, so I just add toothpaste, shampoo or envelopes to whatever I was going to order anyway.

I love Amazon. They're always coming up with new ways to be more awesome. I did all of my Christmas shopping on Amazon and everything arrived in plenty of time.

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I have had do this a few times .. shipping overseas is often more expensive than the product itself.. LOL so I have had to pair items to get my items shipped free from Amazon.

7. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    You make a valid point about not buying another item for shipping, but it seems like sometimes if you are ordering something online, its better to order in bulk or order something that you need to get free shipping. I have to say if you do not need anything then of course you shouldn't order more than you would need. I see both Viewpoints.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually do it lol.. I can always find something for around the same price as the shipping would be, even if it's just an small accessory. I'd rather have something to show for my money, with shipping the money is just gone.

9. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy items that include free shipping. If not, I always beat the price because I mostly buy things that are expensive online. Sometimes, there are special offers that include free shipping, so I would usually go for that option. It takes a while longer to ship, but I don't mind.

10. Soliloquy

SoliloquyMember

Threads:
    When I'm faced with this situation, I usually end up buying a food item... preferably something heavy I wouldn't want to pay shipping on. I figure I'm definitely going to consume it, so it's almost as good as getting it for free.

11. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    This is something I always used to do but I recently promised myself that I would stop doing this.
    I realized that I am just theories away money for things that I didn't even want to begin with. I now try to go to the actual store instead of shopping online. I almost feel like I'm being robbed when these promotions go on.

12. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    For what i buy, it's almost guaranteed for free shipping, but when it isn't i usually just wait a few weeks so i have to buy other stuff and end up order in bulk.

13. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love shopping at amazon, and it does seem like a lot of things will be just under that $25 free shipping amount. What I have done is to browse amazon and when I find a little item I would like, it don't need immediately, then I add it to my wish list. Then when I am actually ordering, and need an extra item to make the $25 , I browse my wish list and pick something for the right amount out of there. That way, it is not just something I really don't care about, but something that I do want.