Don't leave the air conditioner running during the day

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Jessi • Jun 28, 2012.

1. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    This article was an eye opener for me. I have been told my entire adult life to just run the air conditioner at a higher temperature during the day. What folly! I will be heeding this piece of advice although I will admit that it will be difficult. I must adjust my mindset for the sake of our electric bill.

2. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I keep my house at 79 or so during the day, and 77 at night. It gets cool, and it stays cool during the day (we're talking Texas heat). I definitely love the temperature of my house.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I despise humid heat so I do have to keep it on during the summer (not all the time though). Having a fan at minimum speed together with the A/C works great as it also helps to cool things down without wasting too much electricity.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am not seeing a link to the article in the OP so I am not sure what it said. We do usually keep ours on during the day so I would have liked to have read why not to do it. I would have thought that the house would heat up too much during the day if it was off and then it would take forever to cool it back down.