Don't Pay Full Ranking

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Jessi • Jul 5, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Have any of you guys checked out the ranking section on the forums here?

I occasionally see the notification at the top that says I've been issued an award, but I didn't really pay any attention to it. If you browse through, though, it shows how many points everyone has, how they got them from posting threads or voting, etc. It's pretty interesting and makes me want to rate things more often because I never do!

2. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen it, but I think I will have to check it out now that you mention it :) I don't remember ever seeing the rankings tab before, I know I am not always the best at paying attention tho lol!

3. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have been to that page before because now and then I am notified that I have achieved something or received some award. I didn't bother to look too closely though because, frankly speaking, it's confusing to me. I am more used to other awards systems which are very much more straightforward.

4. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    I haven't seen this before and to be honest.. I don't care. I mean, I like statistics, in a healthy way, they motivate me, but not here I think. I cannot write just for writing if I don't know what to say. Or maybe I can sometimes, but I don't like it.
    But does any forum has such statistics?

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I check that ranking all the time it makes me post more. I want to reach the top of the list, but not over the admin. I still need a couple more posts before I get to the spot that I want. That's a great feature to have and I didn't really notice it was there until a couple of weeks ago. I would hate to be at the bottom of the list :D.

6. Jessi

Threads:
    There are other forums that do keep leaderboards, but they may count different things for points or you can spend points instead of it being simply ranks. I definitely don't think you should write just for the sake or writing or moving up, of course, but for those who like reaching little goals, it's a nice visual. :)

7. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    Yeah, I remember being on a first place on some forums' leaderboards. But it was years ago, besides happened by coincident, and I think now I'm too experienced and to tired of writing, writing, writing all day long :D
    Anyway, sometimes it's nice to see yourself (Jessie :D) on the top of something :D

8. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    Hey, cool, thank you for sharing. I never noticed that!
    It is great to have that there, I will now check it and maybe be motivated to post more :D

9. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    That is pretty cool - I have never noticed it before either - I only rank in one list, so I guess I need to pull my finger out!! I know they say kids respond well to awards etc but I think us adults do too! :)

10. Jessi

Threads:
    I just remembered this and went to check the stats. Looks like I'm in second place behind the Don't Pay Full account. Parker, you're a close second, but you have more reputation points than I do.

11. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Funny you should mention it. I do see it here, and on other forums. But, I have never really understood them. Well, still don't. I just know I earn an award every once in awhile. :)

12. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Thanks for that, Jessi - I've never noticed it before, so I went and took a look. Gratifyingly, I figure quite highly in a few of the tables, which is quite nice. I belong to several forums, but this is one of only a few I visit every day, simply because I know there's always something new and interesting here. It's nice to know Admin notices and appreciates our efforts as well, and it definitely makes me want to keep up the good work.

13. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the link. I went and checked it out. And just like as I was expecting... I wasn't at the list. Being still a Junior member, I'm still at Level 4.