Don't Starve Together Review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by arachnophobik • Jul 20, 2017.

1. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    The sequel to the widely successful game, Don't Starve has become an even more massive success. The game aspects are not so much different from the first, but you do get to play multiplayer with your friends this time. Don't Starve Together is a survival game where you get to choose a character of your liking, each with his/her own special skill that could help you along your endless journey to survival. The art and the concept of the game is excellent, however I do have a problem with it somewhat.

Don't Starve has a lot of servers available, but most of them either have people that barely talk, or if there are servers with active people, the days are already advanced as I find myself joining a game and dying out of heat/hunger a lot of times because I have no resources or items yet. The game is hard, for some people that may even be extremely hard. Some of the maps have very low amounts of specific resources which may prohibit you to craft essential items on time like torches, in which you will die once the night reaches you without any torch.

Overall this game is not bad at all, it's definitely good on it's own way, but for a survival game it's definitely very hard to start with.

2. derf

derfNew Member

Threads:
    While I have played the first one and thought it was an interesting game I have not yet played the second one. I have thought about playing the second one but have not done that yet due to time and other stuff. I kind of figure that most people would either not play it or barely talk and stuff like that. I also would have assumed it would be really hard to play on certain circumstances because of certain things like not having enough resources and dying because of heat/hunger and other stuff. hopefully I will be able to play it someday and be able to see what it is like.

3. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    @derf@derf It's exactly how you said it is actually. It's interesting but very hard at times. And yes, it's true that a lot of people barely talk, since most of them that I meet on public servers can't even speak English, and if there are English speakers, they simply won't talk too much. I've joined a server that has been long running and they were native English speakers, and they were quite chatty. The problem was that they were too advanced on their server that I joined and died of the cold weather immediately.

#3Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  4. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    What platform is this game on? How much does it cost to play and what is the payment structure? Where do you buy it? It actually sounds kind of fun. I live survival type books and movies, so I might like it in a game too.

I wonder why it's so hard to catch up. Surely there are other newbs. Can't you join a group of other new players, so you all start out roughly the same, or does the whole server progress at once?

5. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    That should be possible I think. How else can newbies enjoy a game with veterans who have progressed. I found this link meant for newbies. Hope it will help.