Don't Trust? This Is What I Do.

Discussion in Contests & Sweepstakes started by Deeishere • Jul 27, 2016.

1. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    I know a lot of times we see a lot of links to sweepstakes, deals, and contests. I know it can be hard to determine whether it's a genuine link or a scam or worst a virus! If I am not sure about a link, I will just pull up the information in google and find a link myself. I am also leery when someone I don't know sent me a link telling me about a "contest." So, along with using an anti-virus software, be careful what you click on.

2. MarshCat

MarshCatNew Member

Threads:
    Thank you, Deeishere. I do that too, with deals, contests, even job opportunities. I will put the company new into quotation marks and Google it. Sometimes I will also google for the name plus words like: scam, legitimate, review. If you do that, make sure you put those words outside the quotes. Putting a couple words into quotes means Google will return all results in which those words are strung together in that order.

Ie, say a contest is called Green Cash Prize and you want to know if it is real or not. Enter something like this into the Google search box:

"Green Cash Prize" legitimate

3. Saundra Jackson

Saundra JacksonMember

Threads:
    Thank you, I'm sure this thread here is really helpful for many people here (also for me) ! :)