Don't waste your time on After Earth

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Jun 10, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know, I like Will and Jaden Smith. They are great actors. And the fact that they are both together in a single movie has appealed to me a lot. I was excited to watch this movie. I liked the trailer so I was prepared to love the full movie. However, from the get go, I saw that the props and the special effects were cheap. The story was below average too. The movie seemed so dull and lifeless. I like the actors but I hate the movie.

2. Soliloquy

SoliloquyMember

Threads:
    I almost went to see it yesterday... but maybe I should rethink that.

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I have been hearing not so good reviews about the film either. I haven't seen it though. But I'm still going to watch it just to see for myself. I have so much expectations on this especially when it's a Will and Jaden tandem.

4. lindbergh

Threads:
    If I would be asked to rate the movie, I would give it a 5/10. It barely borders mediocrity. I can't really remember any strong points of the movie because I think there aren't any. So, aside from Will and Jaden, there's no reason to watch this movie. If they weren't the actors in this movie, I would have given it a 3/10

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up. From the sound of the idea of this whole movie, I have felt like it would bomb. Not just because it's directed by M. Night, since I feel he has flashes of genius that hold up whole movies when he really puts effort into it. Most of what made me skeptical about this movie was that it felt too forced. I don't mind nepotism in Hollywood, especially when it's clearly just a father giving his son some good opportunities to shine, but I think there would have been a lot more chances besides this. Will Smith should have just waited for Jayden to grow up a bit more and gain more substance, instead of just randomly placing him into generic sci fi movies.

6. lindbergh

Threads:
    Very well said DrRipley. I think that M. Night's only masterpiece is the Sixth Sense. I think that he should just stick with horror movies and stay clear of sci - fi and action flicks. The movie wasted the talents of Will and Jaden. M. Night, stick with the horror genre.

7. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    Me too got the same review about the movie from everyone so I cancelled my tickets :( But really I was very eager to watch the movie when I saw the preview