Don't You Think Some Advertisements On Tv Are Exaggerated?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by mildredtabitha • Sep 15, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Well I suppose they have to sell their product so they need to make it sound better than it actually is. I find many more ads annoying rather than exaggerated but those are the ones I remember so maybe creating an exaggerated or annoying ad is the best way to get people to remember their product.

2. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    I do think that some advertisements are heavily exaggerated. However, not all of them are. I recently saw a commercial for sprite soda that was really good. It was very simple and actually funny. To be honest, it was the only decent advert I have watched in a while. Some advertisements cut in on really interesting movies and are very annoying at times. This is one reason why we tend to hate them. Imagine watching a very captivating movie only for a useless commercial to be aired during the climax. However, as I said, some commercials deserve our attention. Simplicity is always best.:p

3. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Oh gosh yes! :cool: Some adverts are so exaggerated its ridiculous. Like you would even wonder how it got past the drawing board in the first place. Yes I know they say publicity is great; either good or bad publicity but in some cases, the only thing a terrible advert will create is a PR nightmare that won't go away for a long time!

4. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with you. The tv commercials are sometimes exaggerated. The scenes are not really the "reality". It almost seems likes a perfect scene. The emotions, the places and the background music are all exaggerated.

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Yes of course they are exaggerated and they always have been most of them atleast. There is a lot of competion so every business is always looking for ways to look more attractive than other offers so they must exaggerated. Some might look exaggerated but at the same time so believable.

6. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    You can see that some of the ASOT ads purely fake. And lot of them are not displaying the product with some sort of honesty. And there are just too many items on the TV. You just can't think of those items as any good. I'd surely say it's not going to be any good. I don't think such ads should be displayed.

7. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Ads on TV are always exaggeragated. I bought a whitening toothpaste. The ad claimed that my teeth will be one shade white in a week. This did not happen. I continued to use that toothpaste until the end, and my teeth were little bit white. The toothpaste worked, but the ad was misleading.

8. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I agree some ads are too exaggerating as they need to sell their products. I especially don't like some ads that are directed towards kids, one ad particularly shows kids as being too smart and too rude towards the elders. But some ads indeed show a positive reflection of things happening around us in a way nice way. I just saw an ad by Toyota and only now I realised that they produce a wide variety of products that are meant to make the old and elderly, physically impaired people more independent and mobile. It was a very memorable ad.

9. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    100 and 10 percent agreed on that. Yes they are exaggerated.

10. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I would agree with others that advertisements are really exaggerated.

Have you

online?