Double Coupons?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ziska • Jul 24, 2016.

1. ziska

ziskaMember

Threads:
    I remember when my local Stater Brother's store in California used to double my coupons on Tuesdays. Wow, that made it easy to have an "extreme coupon" success! But now, I can't find ANY store that will double coupons. I live in NM now, but in UT it was the same. No stores seem to do that anymore. Does anyone know of a store chain that will still do double coupons?

2. iRoxas

iRoxasNew Member

Threads:
    I've never gone to a store where they would let me do that, but it would be amazing if I could find one. Getting coupons are so easy these days I could save so much money. Good luck on finding another one that will let you :).

3. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Come to think of it, I don't know of any store that participates in this anymore. Back in the day, Kroger did and I remember they would occasionally have triple coupon days.

4. judyd1

judyd1New Member

Threads:
    No, it's been years since I've even heard of a store that will double coupons. I am just now getting serious about couponing, and looking for deals, freebies and learning the lingo again. (I used to know a little but have forgotten some over the years.)

Even without doubling, there are still quite a few free and next-to-free deals to be found. My main concern is how to get enough coupons to use--the papers are $3 now--I know: "where have I been?".

Since our income has gone down drastically, it's time for me to step up and make this work. I have joined several online groups (couponmom and krazycouponlady) and I've been watching YouTube tutorials--there are a ton of them! and episode of Extreme Couponing get me ALL WORKED UP!

But if I hear of any stores that do the doubling, I'd be happy to pass it on.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I don't think any stores double or triple anymore, but people who are into extreme couponing still manage to get those unbeliveable deals like paying less than 10 dollars for a seven hundred dollar order. However, I am only one person here, with a roommate. What do I need 400 tubes of toothpaste for? I mean it isn't really practical. Of course you could always give some away. Still, some people are very good at this.

6. ziska

ziskaMember

Threads:
    I guess I got caught up in an episode of extreme couponing. It turns out I think it's kind of deceptive. On that show, a person goes in and buys 900 dollars worth of stuff and pays 16 dollars....They "say" the coupons are doubled, but that's not the reality. My stores around here won't even let you buy multiples of things like they do on that show. They stack up 22 tubes of tooth paste when most coupons even say one. Oh well, maybe I will just stick to price matching instead.

7. Ellen

EllenNew Member

Threads:
    I have not seen it in a long time. My guess is we will not. I think the retail stores are under too much pressure.

8. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    The only thing I've done that comes close is to use an in-store coupon with a manufacturers rebate. It's like using two coupons on one item. If you search youtube videos some shoppers will post the current months manufactures rebates and examples of what items have them the most money savings.