Double Stuffed Oreos or regular?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Earthmama1 • Mar 12, 2014.

1. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    One of my favorite guilty pleasures to indulge in. But I do not like the double stuff oreos. I prefer them the old fashioned regular way. I don't enjoy them as much with all the creme it has a different taste. They are definitely to sugary, yuck!! But back to regular cookies they are delicious especially lemon.

2. FrugalFranny

FrugalFrannyNew Member

Threads:
    No offense to anyone. I see that everyone is talking about double stuffed and regular Oreos. Well, have you tried BIRTHDAY CAKEOreos? If you haven't. you're definitely missing out!! You seriously need to try it. They also have vanilla ones where the black part of the Oreo is a yellow color. If you want to try them, do not get them from any convenience store or gas station. You need to get them from WALMART! Save yourself $3 dollars or more. They are way over-priced at any other stores. At Walmart they are only about $2 and some change but anywhere else that I have been, they run about $4.99 or more! I hope that you take my advice when you want to buy some & keep in mind how much you can save. Don't settle for the over-priced ones!!!!

Sincerely,
    Jut Lookin' Out!
    ;)

3. zestytomato

zestytomatoNew Member

Threads:
    Want to know a great recipe? Make chocolate chip cookie dough and spread it on the bottom of a brownie dish. Add a layer of double stuffed Oreos, put Reeses PB cups in between the gaps made by the Oreos, and then make brownie batter to spread on top. Bake at 350 degrees for about a half hour, and serve with vanilla ice cream. It's ridiculously amazing!

4. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Since to me the best part of the Oreo is the chocolate cookie part, I find that the stuffing part just takes away from chocolaty goodness. I especially like dunking the cookie part in milk, and I think adding more filling doesn't help the dunkability factor, since it just gets wet and doesn't absorb the milk. So I say, stick with the original. A lot of products are that way though. As they're constantly trying to become new and improved, it turns out that they had it right in the first place.

5. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    FrugalFranny, Birthday Cake Oreos are INCREDIBLE! I could eat those all day. Seriously, if I have one I won't be able to stop haha. As far as regular oreos vs double stuffed oreos, I would have to say double stuffed.

6. outdoorgal

outdoorgalMember

Threads:
    I don't really like store-bought cookies. If I did buy Oreos, they would be the originals. I just don't think there is anything as good as home-baked cookies. People don't have the time nowadays, or they just don't make it to bake them at home. I still do once in awhile, usually for holidays, or for a potluck.

7. SpaceGuy

SpaceGuyNew Member

Threads:
    I like regular Oreos because the double stuffing makes it too sweet for me. I might be the only one, but I prefer the biscuit over the creme filling in between. The biscuit is a perfect combination between sweet and crunchy, unlike the filling which is extremely sweet.

8. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Like most here, the double-stuffed oreo is too sweet for me. If it's for "personal" eating, I prefer the regular oreo cookies. However, when making special desserts with crushed oreos, I prefer using the double-stuffed kind. :D
    oreo-dessert.

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer the double stuffed Oreos than the regular. The regular one is too bland for me, lacking in sweetness. I have a very high tolerance for sugar; the sweeter the food is, the better it is. I also like the feeling when I am eating it that it's like there's no biscuit that surrounds the cream at all, but the cream alone is too soft. It feels like it's really a cream. So a combination of both of them is really perfect, much more when coupled with milk.

10. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I love the double stuff!. Growing up my Mom only bought the regular Oreos, the second I moved out I made sure to always have a package of double stuff in my apartment. I don't notice any difference in the consistency of the cream, did your cookies get a little stale?Just mentioning it because I tend to inhale the package I buy and they're probably only around for 48 hours or so, not sure if that makes a difference.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's been awhile since I last bought Oreos, I think the last time I ate them was when I was a teen! I found it sweet already, so for sure the double stuffed ones would be twice the sweetness of the regular ones. Now that you've mentioned it, I find myself craving for some.. Hopefully I will find those double stuffed ones when I go to the supermarket.

12. Francy

FrancyMember

Threads:
    What can I say? I love both! It kind of depends on what you're feeling like though. Some days I feel like more filling and less cookie, and other days I feel like regular cookies. The regular Oreo cookies have less filling and more cookies. The double stuffed ones have less cookies in the package and more filling. Yum. I just feel like you can't go wrong with either Oreo's! They actually have some different flavor Oreo's, which are interesting and I'm not sure if I like them or not! However, the Lemon Oreo's are to die for if you like lemon stuff. Delicious! You will have to try them!

13. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, it's been so long since I've had ANY Oreo cookie. I use to love those as a kid. I would dip the whole cookie in milk and wait to eat it when it was all soft. I've never had double stuff and from your description it doesn't sound all that great. I'm not a big sugar eater any more and too much it of it just dosen't work for me now.

14. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Those are my favourite too. I tried them one time and those were the best. I don't eat cookies often and havent seen those birthday cake oreos for a long time. Never really looked so who knows, but I never see anyone eating those.

I also liked the mint oreos. I tried those around christmas time. Maybe they were candy cane come to think of it.

15. devilishomar

devilishomarMember

Threads:
    I guess it's more of a question of taste. I personally don't like it if it has too much filling. The filling and cookie parts should be proportional to each other. So if it has a lot of filling, the cookie container should be just as big as well.

I don't think I'll be able to finish a whole of pack double stuffed Oreos anytime soon, so I prefer mine single.

16. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    It doesn't matter all that much to me, since I only really eat oreos with milk, by dunking them, so you know, it kind of dissolves them a little in the milk.

17. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    I love the regular old Oreos. I did buy a package of the Birthday Oreos for my son't girlfriend last week. They have the confetti sugar in the cream. I didn't try one, but I doubt they are much different LOL, it's just another way to appeal to the masses and make more money.

18. 7zer0z

7zer0zBanned

Threads:
    I love the double stuffed oreos. Don't get me wrong I love the regular ones too but the double-stuffed are definitely my favorite.

19. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I know that I recently told friends about my loving the regular Oreo, but just the other day I ate one double stuffed. I now know why people have gone gaga over them. They are delicious. Yet, I still prefer the regular stuffed Oreo.

20. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I love Double Stuffed Oreos to snack (gorge?) on but I prefer regular Oreos to use in recipes. I have a lot of dessert that call for Oreos and they are all super yummy! Has anyone tried the new peanut butter cup Oreo? It is also delicious!