Dove Anti Perspirant Deodorant

Discussion in Product Reviews started by tasha • Feb 3, 2016.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    my husband is allergic to some deodorants and I found ones with no alcohol in it to work for him as he does not get a rash with those but dove has burnt him like the other ones with alcohol in them do and I was wondering now if they add a little alcohol into it and forget to mention that they did otherwise why would it still be burning him \?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is interesting to hear... I'm allergic to many deodorants, but Dove is fine for me. It became my favorite one because it doesn't irritate my skin in the slightest. I try some others, like Nivea which is supposedly very mild, and it irritates my skin so much I have red rashes when I use it. I only use Dove, pretty much. Goes to show how much allergies vary from person to person.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Dove deodorant too. I have never experienced any problems. Skin sensitivity does vary from person to person. My sister can't use any commercial deodorant. She uses a completely natural product. I tried it, but it wasn't effective. Right Guard is the only deodorant that gave me problems. I don't even know if it is still be sold. It made my skin scream. It was just too strong for me.

4. coder

coderNew Member

Threads:
    I am also very allergic to high fragrances, that is why I always use mild perfumes. Once I smell any hard smell of the perfume I keep on sneezing for at least 5 min continuously. I don't know when will I get rid of this problem.

5. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I use Nivea deodorant on the other hand but I use Dove soap and shampoo for my baths because I find them mild and gentle for my skin. I guess we all do react differently to certain skin products because I've never experienced anything negative with the Dove products I use.

6. albreeden

albreedenMember

Threads:
    Making your own deodorant is quite easy and fairly inexpensive. I've done this for a while (and while I don't usually sweat much) it's always worked for me. Maybe try something like that.

7. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have to be very careful with the deodorant that I use because of skin sensitivities. I have found the key ingredient that I need to avoid is aluminum zirconium -- which seems to be present in almost all anti-antiperspirants, but not in all deodorants. Originally, I thought alcohol was the problem. Any deodorant/antiperspirant that contains aluminum zirconium causes me to break out in a rash that burns intensely.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can usually tell what they include into the ingredients, and in what sort of quantities. But then I recently discovered that many companies, including food companies, are not made to list every ingredient that they include in their products, so those of us who suffer from skin or food sensitivities most often have to learn the hard way, unfortunately.

9. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I use the cheap stuff I will admit, but I have to say that overall I have a good impression of Dove when it comes to personal hygiene products. I use their bar soap a lot and some of their lotions and they are all great, and so I have no reason to expect anything less from other products. I can say that I am thinking of switching deodorants because it is getting hot there and I think the one is use is pretty ineffective in the heat, so maybe I will try some Dove.