Dove Clear Tone

Discussion in Product Reviews started by sparkle73 • Aug 26, 2012.

1. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    :confused:I just purchased this product called Dove, clear tone, which is a deodorant that is supposed to clear up your underarms, and lighten darkened areas with a continual use. About a month ago, I saw this cute little black dress and had to have it, but after I wore it a few times, I began to notice some darkening under my arms, prior to buying this particular dress I had never had this problem before. I tried a few products that didn't seem to work, and finally came across this item, that was suggested to me by a pharmacist in my area ,after I explained to him what happened, with the dress. He told ,me that dark clothes could contribute to this condition. However, after using this product for a few weeks, I have noticed a small change back to my natural color, has anyone else tried this product? Has it worked for you?

2. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    interesting product. I've never heard of it. Is it a new product?

3. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I'm interested in knowing more about it, too. Do you know what it is in this deoderant that causes the lightening effect? I may try this out myself.

4. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried this particular one, but I did try a different Dove product that was supposed to help slow hair regrowth and it did absolutely nothing and I didn't care for the scent either.

5. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    Yes, it is. This product has not been out long; you can find it in the same section as the other items for the skin, or regular anti-perspirations. The ingredients are natural in a variety of fragrants. The cost is a little more than some of the other products for your underarms, but worth it.

6. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    Dove has alot of products that are great, depending on what you purchase them for. I never had a problem with any of their products.

7. meryliz

merylizMember

Threads:
    I've been using Dove Clear Tone since March and I'm happy with the purchase! It contains calendula and sunflower seed extracts that are supposed to help restore your underarm skin to its natural tone (the darkened areas are also attributed to constant shaving). I have not closely monitored the success of the deodorant on lightening the darkened areas, but I can say that I felt more comfortable wearing tank tops this summer, so maybe it did make a difference! As an underarm moisturizer, I would recommend it especially if you're applying deodorant after shaving. It is an anti-perspirant, but it's only okay. I can sweat heavily if I'm nervous and this deodorant doesn't help in hiding that, so I purchased a clear deodorant that provides more protection and also doesn't rub onto dark clothing. However, I use Dove Clear Tone about 5 days a week and I'm a happy consumer.

8. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I have never heard about Dove clear tone, but it sounds like a product I would be interested in. Thanks for posting this thread.

9. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks so much for this information. This is a problem that my oldest daughter is experiencing. I'll pass on this information to her.

10. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    I like Dove's soap and hair care range but I'm not much of a big fan of their deodorants. They smell nice but in my opinion, that's just what they're good at. I used to have dark underarms too but I used papaya soap courtesy of my sister and Nivea Extra Whitening deodorant.

11. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I am wearing Dove deodorant right now. It has a beautiful aroma that I like. I tried making homemade deodorant but I have come to the conclusion that the commercial kind is the best. I used to use Dove shower cream in Seoul...now I am thinking of purchasing the soap. Dove is a great commercial product, one that should not be cut back on.

12. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:

I am very pleased that you find this information regarding this particular product to be useful, and some value to you and your daughter; many people are dealing with this problem; I believe a lot of people try to avoid discussing it, because they may be embarrassed or think, others may look upon them as being too lazy to clean their underarms.

13. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    Thanks for this suggestions, will give it a try.

14. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    to be honest I never thought of it as a problem......

15. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    This totally works!!!
    I just bought it because I ran out of my normal dose deodorant... Had seen this one on tv and gave it a try. Just like mentioned, I saw results in the first week!!!! ITS AMAZING!!!! Ive tried everything and had just given up... I was actually considering laser. I just gotta say dove never lets me down

16. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    I am glad I opened this thread. I had seen an ad for that deodorant in the past but had forgotten about it. I have darker underarms, and I think I will grab some Dove next time I am shopping for deodorant since others are claiming it worked for them.