Dress for Comfort

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by difrancprod • May 13, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    What is your idea of dressing for comfort? Where do you usually buy those comfortable outfit? Do you prefer them online or going to the mall?

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I actually like to wear house dresses when I want to be really comfortable. As to where I have bought these, in the past I bought some from a company called Amerimark. However, recently I have had to replace these because they had become so faded. I found that this time I looked around yard sales to see what I could find, and actually found several house dresses that would not only fit me, but were comfortable as well.

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I'm with you on that one and enjoy wearing house dresses each and everyday unless I am going out. I pick some up from places like Ross and Walmart. Those are so nice and comfortable and it's nothing like wearing those on those hot summer and winter days. So I am all for comfort when I am around the house also.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My idea of dressing comfortably would be wearing something that doesn't cling tightly to the body. I don't like very tight pants and blouses. And as to where I buy them, I buy them at the mall so that I can fit them.

5. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    My comfortable wear would always be leggings and a somewhat-loose shirt. I want air to pass through and these combination is the perfect choice for it. I can move freely, I can be in any position, and I feel comfortable wearing it. I can instantly shift from casual to elegant by just adding or removing pieces from it. Example, if I will be just doing the grocery, it will be shirt-leggings-flip flops. If it is a casual dinner date, it would be shirt-leggings-flat shoes-blazer. If the dinner is a bit formal, it would be shirt-leggings-high heels-beaded blazer-sparkly earrings and necklace. THe shirt-leggings combination is easy to accesorize and fits to any occassion.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    When I'm at home I wear pajama pants, but I never wear them out, haha. Actually, I don't really know. I tend to wear the same thing all day, so if I go out somewhere wearing my jeans, I'll stay in my jeans all day, and if I wake up in my pajama pants, I'll wear them all day or until I have somewhere to go.

7. Rocky

RockyMember

Threads:
    I normally only dress for comfort around the house were no one will see me!

In the winter I tent to wear sweatpants and baggy shirts. I look like a bum but feel cozy and warm. In the summer I tend to live in my bathing suits and loose summer dresses. Anything airy and breezy for those hot sticky days!

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Well typical comfort (that I would regularly go out in) would just be jeans and a nice, fitted but not tight t-shirt. Super comfort is all out sweats ;).

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I also prefer leggings with the big shirts or over sided long t-shirt. I think that can go almost any where and you can be comfortable while you go shopping or run errands and even playing around with the kids. I enjoy dressing like that because it's fun and comfortable. You can also dress them up for going out for the evening with your hubby or friends for a night on the town.

#9May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  10. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Comfort for me has to be both comfortable and fashionable. For some reason, I don't feel comfortable if I'm not dressing in a way that is good for my body type. Granted, I have tons of PJS and lounge pants, but they look good too. :)

I tend to only buy clothing in stores. For some reason, I can't quite get to the online shopping for clothes yet. I think this is because I try on 30 things and only buy one because it's the only thing that fits. That's just too low of odds that something only will work.

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy most of my clothes online because I have found that there is more value online, the only downside to that is you can't try the clothes on. For comfort when I am around the house I wear sweatshirts and sweat bottoms.

12. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    I purchase almost everything from the web because of the deals and offers.. Sorry I am not cheap, it's just being cost effective :) Dressing for comfort is everyone's thing because you need to feel comfortable at all times :D

13. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I like to dress for comfort and I purchase from Walmart, Ross or someplace that sells t-shirts and I just like to put different designs on them to personalize it just for me. I haven't gotten started for this summer yet but I will get going to make a few of them.

14. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I tend to spend my days in 3/4 pants or knee length skirts, with fitted but not tight tee shirts and sweaters. I don't want to be adjusting my clothes all day - I just like to get dressed and forget about my clothes. I'm not too bothered about being fashionable - just clean, smart, and above all, comfortable. I guess that attitude comes with age.

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also like to where linen clothes in the summer. I have a few linen shirts and lightweight jumpers, as well as linen trousers.

Linen is one of my favourite fabrics, it is ideal for when the weather is hot and you want to keep cool.

16. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I here you Sandra, I guess it all comes with age as to how comfortable we want to be. I know that comfort comes before style with me. I feel that if I match everything together, then I am in style and if it feels comfortable, I am all set for the day or night out on the town. I am happy and in style with everyone else.

17. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    For me comfort ,exams feeling outside like you feel at home.
    Therefore I try to wear stretchy jeans and shirts that are not too tight on my body and of course comfy shoes in which I can run if I needed to. I also love wear bras that are wire free because this is another one of those things that will make you feel so much more at ease during the day.

18. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've recently started wearing maxi dresses and house dresses because of the heat. I have three of them now. They're very pretty but also super comfortable and surprisingly inexpensive to get at thrift stores.

19. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    As a general rule, i always buy clothes by myself at a retail store, just so i can try them out first, see how they handle, etc.
    I always go for the comfort+style combo, so if any of those don't exist, i just look for something else.

20. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel exactly the same way. I don't feel comfortable dressing frumpy.

I don't buy my clothes online either. I buy offline because I have to see how something fits on me. I am large on top (breast) so not everything will look right on me. Blouses with buttons are especially tricky.