Dressing According To The Weather

Discussion in Product Reviews started by remnant • Nov 8, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes weather catches us offguard resulting in people scrambling for waterproof clothing to keep warm. I find it expedient to buy wet weather clothes like jackets and gumboots well in advance when the prices are low during hot weather. Do you cope with similar contingencies and how do you plan for adverse weather?

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I purchase clothing which are discounted. Like you mentioned when it's summer and winter clothing are discounted I take advantage and vise versa. I find it fun and convient this way, finding great deals is always great.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is actually the time of year when I can get the use out of the older clothes, so I really do not worry about the colder weather. I am not sure if it is the appearance not really mattering as much in everyone's mind, which I think happens, or something else, but whatever it is I like it.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In our first travels, we were not aware of the weather. I remember bringing a coat for our trip to Bangkok not knowing that the weather was searing hot. We had to buy sporty clothes. It was fortunate that clothes in Bangkok are cheap. In our recent trip to Singapore, we were prepared for the rains.

5. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    We do not buy seasonal dresses too often except for the kids who run out of the size with every passing year. In our place, we do not see an extreme weather. Given that, we generally do not need too warm cloths or vice versa. Rainfall is also scanty here so no need to buy any clothing for rainy season as well. However, if I need to go out for vacation or family trip, I buy cloths according to need... not in advance.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I do not buy winter wears during the summer with the thinking to get it at cheaper prices. I just wait until it's the season before going for jackets, head cover, boots and others. So far I have been on the wears I got two years ago.

7. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    Over here, the only time there are deals on clothing (and weather-appropriate weather of any kind) is at the end of every season. Meaning, when the store is having some kind of clearance sale, trying to clear out the store of old clothing, so they can fill the racks with next season's clothes. Sometimes everything will even be half off. I really should buy the clothes at this time, but I only like buying my clothing during the Spring, and that's right about the time they are having sales and clearances for old Winter/Christmas items...and I just don't have any interest at the time to buy winter clothing while the weather is already starting to warm up. I'm looking for shorts and sandals! :)

8. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Here in the UK we are quite lucky and while we do obviously get the different seasons, the weather is rarely to any extremes so it makes it easier for us to plan what we are going to be wearing. We don't get the freezing cold winters or boiling hot summers so our wardrobes can be fairly neutral, and as long as we have clothes in there for any circumstance we are pretty well covered.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy clothes whenever there's sale or in bazaar. I never buy clothes at the mall because they are too expensive. I don't get to buy clothes that will be needed with the current weather since clothes would be pricey in that case. But normally, I buy clothes that can be wear throughout the year no matter what the weather is. We only have to seasons, summer and rainy seasons that's why I don't feel the need to buy jackets or winter clothes since I can't use it anyway.

10. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    We have a tropical climate here so the weather is generally the same for the whole year. I find myself being able to predict that the place will be hot most of the time and I dress accordingly. If there is going to be a cold front or anything like that, it is usually announced on the news prior so we can prepare.

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Its always better to wait to the off season to buy winter clothes or summer clothes. Take for instance running or athletic shoes,they put them on sale in november and april. In november they make room for winter boots and in april they try to encourage non runners to buy them. I always wait to the last minute to buy things though,but it cost more money that way.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely buy when on sale to save a lot of money when it's off season clothes. I go to thrift shops, sign up for alerts via email to get the latest times of their sales too! I like to be prepared. An umbrella for shielding from the Sun and rain to carry always with you during the days you go out, especially good when bus riding, lol. I like to be prepared to for there can be adverse weather. Once I got caught in heavy rain that just popped up that I wasn't prepared for-no jacket, just umbrella not effective for that day with winds blowing over 20mph, so all I did like others is huddle in the no walls bus stops wait for the next bus to go home. I sometime stay out in the evening time when the air gets cooler so I do carry a sweater at those times when I stay out late. Thus all these clothes do wear out, so I watch for sales when I need new ones.

13. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well it is all nice and good and works well in theory but what to do when the weather is absolutely crazy and you cannot trust anyone with a forcecast anymore. That is what it seems like around here, where it is sun and then rain and then cold and hot.

14. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    We don't have to worry much on what to wear here in our country for we have only two distinct seasons: the dry and wet season for we live in the tropical zone. The dry season usually starts from November to May and the wet season starts from June to October.

The people wear loose and thin clothes during the summer or hot season. Most of the people beat the heat of the summer in going to the mountain resorts or beach resorts. By the way, youths especially women wear shorts and backless blouses or shirts.

During the rainy season, raincoats, boots, umbrellas and other rainwear are common among the students, the workers, and the commuters in going to their respective schools, and working place respectively.