Drink Water, Save Money

Discussion in Food & Drink started by luri • Aug 19, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    If you drink alcohol frequently, it will cost you a lot of money. If you drink tea or coffee instead, you will save a lot of money. Have you realized, if you drink water, you will be saving more money.water costs far less than juice, carbonated drinks, tea and coffee. water is zero calorie drink therefore, you will save your health by not drinking carbonated drinks, tea, coffee or alcohol.

2. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    Good point, and it is true that it is a lot healthier. I have taken sodas and other flavored drinks out of my diet. The only problem I have now is how to let go of coffee LOL! I mean, it is really hard for me, just like how hard it is for smokers to quit smoking.

3. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I do not subscribe to the idea that taking alcohol results in wasting money because this is a habit people that drink enjoy doing and do not care what others think about it. Also, there are brands of drinks ranging from expensive ones to the ones low-income earners can afford, which shows that we can all tweak our budget to the brand of drink we can afford.

However, I think taking water should be encouraged on the health benefits it comes with and not on saving cost from not taking alcohol. Taking enough glasses of water has been scientifically said to aid in digestion, helps to keep the kidney functioning well and keeping the skins moist and fresh all day. From this angle, I can encourage people to take more water to alcohol. Thank you.

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I think everyone knows that already, it's just that people who are looking to save money can't resist buying those drinks that you mentioned because they taste good. Like me for example. I see soda in the convenience store and it's quite hard to resist the urge not to buy one, so now we must resist that urge so that we can save money.

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    We all know that, don't we? It's not just cheap but drinking water does a lot of good things to our health. I'd like to just drink plain water all the time but find it hard to discipline myself to do so. I used to be addicted to Coke because I felt I needed it to digest the fatty foods I've eaten (bad habit breeds bad habit). I've somehow kicked the habit and have been eating healthier foods. I've been drinking ice cold fruit juices instead and they have helped me curb my cravings for Coke. While I drink plain water most of the time, drinking fresh fruit juices or powdered juices once or twice a day keeps my mind off soft drinks.

6. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Drink water and save a lot of money? Well, maybe true but it depends on people's life style actually. If that water is a tap water or maybe deep well, then for sure you can save more money but you will also be exposing your self to lots of diseases that's unfiltered or not so clean water might cause you. But if it's a bottled water, then it's a different story cause some cost even more than carbonated drinks. So it's not really saving money here, it's saving yourself and protecting your health.

7. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    You are right, drinking water it could help us save some money but the tap water is not healthy in my town so, we need to buy water no matter what, but the water is much cheaper than coffee, juice or alcohol.
    We can save more money if we drink tap water, but we need to boil it first.

8. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with your idea that drinking water saves a lot of money. And I recommend staying away from alcohol because besides saving money it is better to stay away from it to stay healthy. I have one cup of coffee or tea daily because it has become a habit for me and I am unable to leave that habit but I don't spend much on it. :)

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was so thirsty one day I went to CVS drug store and took a look at what's in the cooler and 2 bottles of water go for 50 cents each while everything else was above a dollar! So I grabbed a bottle of water, paid my .50+.07 and walked out opening my bottle of water to quench my thirst. Now I save the bottle, fill it with water and chill it to bring with me when I go out. We in Hawaii are lucky tap water is clean.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not that water costs you very little that saves money but the fact is that drinking enough water saves you from different illness which saves you a lot of money. Water is good for keeping you hydrated, keep your system clean and kidney related diseases. Drinking enough water keeps your digestion perfect which otherwise is root cause of most diseases.

11. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Water avoidance is mostly a matter of habit. Note, in many cultures, probably most, people drink water with meals. For instance, South Korean food is very hot, so they will always eat it with water.

There needs to be a public relation campaign (in certain western nations) to get people to drink water with meals (for health reasons).

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Jason76@Jason76 I agree with you, I see most people do not drink water but alcoholic drinks with meals and snacks instead. So, yes making a public campaign should help them to a great extent.

13. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    I will always prefer to drink water because it is healthier than other drinks.Some of drinks such as carbonated drinks and alcohol may damage you stomach.Drinking enough water may save us from serious diseases.Drinking enough water help in digestion and prevents constipation.Water is also very useful to maintain pH level and body temperature.

14. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    Well that is a good idea, but I regret that I cannot buy it fully. This is because, it quite depends with where you come from. I some semi-arid and arid areas of the Sahara desert, a gallon of water costs much more than a gallon of fuel. Having a family, from these areas, that is faithful to the rule of thumb of drinking at least 6- 8 glasses of water per day, then you find that it might cost them more. So to cut the long story short, I would say that it depends with where you come from.

15. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like drinking alcohol (in fact, I never liked it) so this saves me a lot of money and as I usually don't like them, that doesn't require any sacrifice.

Simple like that. :cool:

16. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am for the enjoyment of life. When I want soda, I drink my favorite Coke. In the morning, I drink orange juice. But I also know that sugared drinks can affect the health that's why there are days that I drink water only. Not really to save money but to save my health. It is fine to drink soda and juice every other day alternating with water only.

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @NicholasMukuha@NicholasMukuha I agree, I come basically from NCR Region in North India where the weather is too harsh during summers (touches 45 degree C) but feels much harsher due to heat-waves. In our area the standard amount of water is considered 3-4 liters on average a day. I generally drink more water like 4-5 liters during summers to keep me hydrated but even during winters my intake is 2-3 liters which is must for a healthy body which ultimately saves us from many stomach/kidney related diseases.

18. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 The same is true for the North Eastern part of Kenya. You may leave home in the morning, to go and look for water and you will come back home at night fall. And those that have the advantage of donkeys to transport for them, sell it like a lump of gold. That is why I was suggesting that @luri@luri's thread can only apply in areas where there is plenty of water and so people have a wide range of choices.

19. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Everyone seems to agree that drinking alcohol except @Barida@Barida Yes, I believe that those who drink alcohol do not care about money they are doing tthis for fun and enjoyment. However, you cannot do everything in the name of entertainment, fun or enjoyment. You should look at other consequences as well. Yo start drinking alcohol as enjoyment, you never know when it becomes and addiction. When it is an addiction, not just your life but your entire family's life will be hell.

20. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I think moderating the intake of alcohol by people that take it is very important. I said that people that drink alcohol do not think much about money that much for it is the satisfaction they derive from it that matters a lot.

I do take alcohol and have fun with friends once in a while, but what I am trying to point out is that not everyone that takes alcohol is careless with spending. I do not even care that much what others choose to do with their money in as much they get the needed satisfaction from spending it.