Drinking At Meals

Discussion in Food & Drink started by to7update • Nov 13, 2016.

1. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    If the drink is included in the price of the meal, then in a lot of places even if you request not to have the drink then you will still be charged the same as it's all part of the special offer. A bit like how in some restaurants they will offer a 3 course meal at a special price. If you don't want the dessert or the starter then you will still have to pay the same price as the price that's offered is for everything. It's up to you if you have it or not.

The smaller, out of town establishments will charge less as it's down to the managers discretion but the larger chains will often stick to the 'rules' whether you complain or not.

2. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    It's really sad that we have reached this situation. I recall times when it was said that we should drink a mix of bottled water and tap water because bottled water didn't have some minerals that tap water has. I am afraid that now we need to filter tap water if we want to drink it as the quality has really degraded.

@pwarbi@pwarbi, it's all business!

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    In most food courts and restaurants, water is free, so I just take advantage of that. I certainly won't buy if the drinks are overpriced. I noticed that quite a lot in pizza places, the 1.5 liter of soda is way overpriced. That's why when I call for delivery I always say no if the operator asks me if I want soda along with the pizza.

4. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, that's something I do too when buying delivery pizza, I never ask for drinks unless they are included in some package, after all I am at home so I have the drinks. In restaurants pretty much the same, I just ask for the drink if I am really thirsty, even more because it's not healthy to have cold drinks during meals.

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Huh? How come it's not healthy to have cold drinks during meals? I do that all the time and nothing unpleasant has happened to my body. Unless cold water upsets your stomach. I know some people experience that.