Drinking Water

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Nikkishea21 • Dec 29, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our urine is a test for how dehydrated we are. There is a urine color test circulating somewhere online lol. I did see it recently, but I didn't save it. Anyway, the darker one's urine is, the more dehydrated they are. The clearer one's urine is, the more hydrated and healthy they are :D And it goes by color grades. Really dark urine exhibits a severely dehydrated person, which could mean other things for one's health if they are in this state of dehydration for long periods of time.

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah that's one of the few things I like about the body. You can definitely tell by your urine when you're dehydrated. I don't think it was important to save it because it's common sense for me.
    I don't know if anyone else mentioned this before but I have read that another way you can tell you're dehydrated is if you feel thirsty. It sounds really crazy but you don't feel anything if your thirst is minor.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I may bot always drink water but I do drink at least one cup of coffee or tea first thing in the morning. If I do not put some liquid in my stomach as soon as I get up I get a stomach. I do not have to eat just drink something as soon as possible. I know I should drink more water and liquids to keep myself healthy.

4. selina

selinaMember

Threads:
    I never count how many glasses of water drunk by me but I am sure it may more than eight times. There are so many advantages of drinking more water per day and disadvantages of drinking less water per day, in my point of view drinking more water is also beneficial for losing weight.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    Lol. I was actually going to mention the thirst thing, but I thought that it was so obvious that I didn't have to. I didn't want to appear patronizing. But yes, you are right lol. By the time that we feel thirsty, that means that our bodies are very dehydrated!!! Many people have no idea what the shade/color of their urine means. They just think that it is the color of whatever they have been drinking, or eating or whatever, which isn't true. I adore how our bodies gives us all of these messages in all of these different ways. We just have to learn how to read these messages though ;)

6. lessthanthree

lessthanthreeNew Member

Threads:
    I often find that I have not had any water at around 3PM. I drink coffee in the morning, and it takes me literally until lunchtime to finish it (I take it in a canteen, so it stays hot for a long time). Then I have lunch. If I have not needed water at that point, I sometimes look up at the clock and realize that I should be parched. If I am busy, I forget to notice. Then I am on my way home from work, and it turns out I have not had water all day. Maybe I grab a glass at home, but probably not. Those are not good days. I snack more, and I get headaches and just feel dry. Does that make any sense?

So yes, that has happened to me, but I know that it is not good for me, and I definitely pay for it. I try to be more conscientious about it, especially when I'm busy.

7. crackerjack9

crackerjack9New Member

Threads:
    I used to drink lots of coffee and almost no water. Now, I have 2 cups of coffee a day and then keep filling my bottled water. The only problem is, I saw a documentary about what is really in our drinking water and now I'm very choosy about where my water comes from!

8. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    One of my worst dehydration experiences came when I was officiating soccer matches during a "working holiday" to Portugal... it was blistering 35-37 degree celsius heat, and I come to realize that I'd officiated in 3 straight games (80 minutes per game!) without having a single drop of liquid. We were just so busy it didn't even cross my mind, thankfully I didn't get too ill although when I recite the story to others people tell me I was lucky not to suffer severe dehydration or sunstroke, which would've sucked in a foreign country!

9. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    While I was working out in an intense program I was hogging about 2-3litres of water/day. My urine was pretty much white and only yellowish when I've been drinking acid drinks or cola. I agree that drinking water before getting thirsty is the right way to keep hydrated !

10. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I sure did realize that I didn't drink water all throughout the day and I knew all along about the amazing health benefits of water. It's not that I totally stopped drinking water but I just wasn't drinking as much as I should have before a while back. Right now I'm back to drinking more water again which is a great thing. I have always enjoyed water and sometimes I'll add a lemon to it.

11. globulon

globulonMember

Threads:
    Happens all the time as often I just forget to drink water! Occasionally I'll get headaches from being dehydrated. I've gotten a lot better though, mainly because I've started carrying around a small water bottle. Once you have a bottle by your side, you can't help but sip on it regularly.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I drink as soon as I'm thirsty, so I don't think I would be dehydrated since I really find a way to satiate my thirst. I don't drink when I'm not thirsty.

13. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    Water is important for your body, I don't drink enough of it myself but that's because the water in our town tastes so bad, I usually stock up on bottled water, if I run out I don't drink as much, unless I mask it with powdered juice, which is full of preservatives and sugar, not very good for you but at least you get your liquid that way.

14. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    My teachers have taught us that being thirsty is actually a sign that you are already dehydrated, to some extent.

I'm actually thirsty a lot these days, but I drink more than a few liters over the day! I'm not sure what is up with that...

15. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    This never happened to me. I have always been a water drinker since I was a child. Coming from a tropical country, it is necessary to drink water more often. After finishing a meal, I always have water beside me. A complete table or meal setting is not complete without a water. Before I go to bed at night, I make it a point to drink at least a glass of water and another glass upon waking up.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really? Then based on what they said, then we must really drink water then even if we're not thirsty? I guess taking a gulp or two is enough? I also read an article that too much water can also damage the body, so even drinking water should be done in moderation.

17. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    Yeah, too much water can be bad for your health. As far as I know, people have died for stuff related to drinking too much water, although I don't remember the exact circumstances of those deaths.

Better to be prudent and simply not to take too much water!

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    Yeah, the sensation of thirst is actually already a sign that our bodies are dehydrated. That is why I drink water throughout the day, just to keep topped up. Our bodies absorb water in small portions, so downing an entire bottle in 0 minutes isn't going to help anybody. Drinking in small increments is best :)

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I noticed that I get thirsty even when I'm not perspiring, so the body has most likely absorbed all the liquids that we have consumed. I guess I should drink water more often then.

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    I do too. Even if I am not perspiring, I will get thirsty. I often find that thirst is such a common sensation, in the body, that people often just overlook it?? At least until it becomes very pressing anyway. It's strange how we ignore our bodies when they they communicate with us, at times. When I have been sweating, I am sure to drink more water, but still in small portions.