Drinking Water

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Nikkishea21 • Dec 29, 2014.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I agree, but when we are exercising, we really do tend to drink massive amounts of water, and I think that is ok too, because we have lost too much fluid in our bodies. I also read that the reason why our head aches after crying is because we are already dehydrated.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I do not drink a liquid by 10Am my stomach will start to hurt. If I do not drink enough liquids for a few days my back will start to get a slight pulling ache around my kidney area to remind me to drink more liquids. I am not a big drinker of liquids of any kind and I am happy my body has found a way to remind me to drink something, it does not have to be water just drink some liquids.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do that very often! I used to drink a lot of water every day, but now between working all day, taking care of my dog, doing house chores and gym, I literally only drink water when I'm really thirsty. And that is not good. I will every once in a while put a water bottle in front of me and make myself drink it, however I will do that for a few days and then I'll forget it and go back to previous habits.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always try to make sure that I am hydrated before working out, because I tend to get a little bit light-headed and feel nauseous if I do not?? I still sometimes feel that way, just from the arduousness of the activities, anyway. But if I am dehydrated I tend to feel a lot worse. So I always have to make sure I have the resources to work out, before working out, in order to get the best possible results.

I hadn't heard that about crying, but it sure makes a lot of sense ;)

5. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    Drinking those two liters of water per day is essential fot your health. As many of you probably know, 70% of our body weight is water so This should make you understand the importance of drinking those two liters of water per day. For more than a half a year I managed to drink 2 liters of water per day and I have to say that I never felt better, maybe because I workout too. Of course there were days when I realised that I haven't drink much water due to a lot of things that I had to do, but don't worry, such a day isn't harmful, because our bodies store a lot of water for such situations.

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually drink around five to six glasses of water. It is really not that costly to buy a bottle of water here. I think most of the brands that are available here are quite good and totally reliable. I am happy to stay in a place where water Is available in such great measures.

7. Adrienne Edwards

Adrienne EdwardsNew Member

Threads:
    Because of all the activities of the day, I forgot many times to replenish myself with water. But my body would always remind me. Dryness of mouth and skin are usually my signs. And when I do drink water I'm guzzling it down like someone taking in air after almost suffocating.

8. Adrienne Edwards

Adrienne EdwardsNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with DreekLass. Our bodies always tells us what is needed. Sadly most times we are so caught up with everyday life we tend to ignore the signs. I also agree that we have get into habits of do things to take care of our bodies on a regular basis and then we do have to force ourselves at the last minute or when it is almost too late.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    People often wake up with puffy faces, and seek out methods through which to get rid of their puffy faces and or body parts, little knowing that if they just consumed more water, their body would stop storing it and the puffiness would subside a little easier.

Adrienne, I believe that a part of the reason why we are kept so busy is so that we do not pick up such tips, and certainly not fulfill them. Most people think that they have something gravely wrong with them, when in reality they are just severely dehydrated.

10. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree with you. And I noticed thet you mentioned mornings and I remembered another great advice about water. Drinking a glass of cold water first thing in the morning will accelerate your metabolism about 30%, at least this is what notritionists say.

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    Yes, I already know of that little morning tip pertaining to water. It is very useful. A lot of people just think that drinking water, any old way, will help them. Few understand or know that there is a strategy for consuming water that will yield maximum results. Like drinking a certain amount of cold water first thing in the morning, or like drinking water in small portions as opposed to just downing a whole bottle, since our bodies can only absorb water in small increments. Just the little tips, which they should be teaching in high schools to be honest, instead of teaching teenagers lies about history.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never ever forget to drink water. It's way too hot where I live for me to forget. If I start drinking water a bit later than usual in the morning, I get a headache. Even when I'm in England, even in the winter, I always drink anything between 1-1.5 litres. I don't beat myself up for not drinking more, because in between I drink herbal teas and I've been told that counts. As far as I know, you don't have to sit there pumping 2-3 litres into your body to near bursting.

13. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I try not to forget to drink water daily. I take a water pill and as silly as this may sound drinking water can be essential while taking one of these. A year or so ago I wasn't drinking as much water as I needed to and ended up with a bladdar infection that was starting to go into the kidneys. My doctor got on me about drinking more water because of this. So, now I try to remember daily to drink water, I don't drink 8 glasses a day I think that's a bit excessive but I do drink at least three glasses a day if not a few more.

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    I find that the water that I drink must be purchased bottled water though, because the water from my tap tastes like absolute garbage. One time, we ran out of bottled water, and I was ok with it, since every house comes with a water system, and getting water is a simple as turning on one's tap, right?? When I tasted that tap water, I knew that I wouldn't be taking another sip any time soon.

Though I am aware that the same crap is probably in the bottled water, as is in the tap water, I couldn't put up with the dirty taste from the tap water.

15. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I forget to drink water way too often. I usually remember to drink water in the summer though. I would always carry of bottle of ice water with me to work, since I worked for a toy store and there was a lot of psychical activities and speaking going on. I only drink about a glass of water a day in the winter though, and I really need to up my intake.
    original.
    tumblr_lx54gpVKy01qebdhpo1_500.

16. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    This has happened to me and it was so painful! My head hurt, my body hurt and I was void of energy. Not to mention the nausea of dehydration. It is just too hot where I live, to even allow this to happen. So, I have a pact with myself now, to drink 3 large glasses of water in the morning before I go out. If I have an early morning, I get up earlier to make sure and fit the water in. Then I stay conscious to drink throughout the day.

17. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I have had many days like that! It's something I am trying to put an end to because if you have too many days with not enough water it starts to take a toll on your body. I am almost never sick, ever. When I don't pay attention to my water intake though, I start having issues that are very unpleasant.

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    I loved loved loved this post!!! It's all well and good to write down the benefits, but diagrams are more attractive, and more appealing to the eye, and people are more likely to take heed of the information on them. I have saved these pictures, although I already know the benefits of water. But if I get lazy with my water intake, I can refer to this, and it should give me that push ;)

Attached Files:

19. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I'll forget to drink water, but I drink a lot of coffee and tea, so at least I'm getting water through both of those, but drinking coffee and tea don't compare to drinking just water. Water is essential for the body, but many of us forget that. It is interesting how many people simply do not drink water. I have to sometimes write notes to myself to remind myself to drink water, or else I'll get caught up doing things throughout the day, and before I know it the day has come and gone without any water drinking on my part.
    I don't like to let that happen.

20. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Oh that happened to me one time. I was so busy at work that all I had to drink was coffee and soda. Not because there's no water accessible it's just because I forgot to drink water. I went to dinner without drinking any and when I went to the bathroom to drain my bladder it was all bright gold and kind of hurts a bit so I never did that again. I always have a bottle of water with me.