Drinking Water

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Nikkishea21 • Dec 29, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The caffeine that is found in both coffee and tea is known to dehydrate. I used to think that, and then I discovered otherwise. They say that if you are going to have a hot beverage to enjoy, then herbal teas are the best, because it is one of the best ways to hydrate whilst not drinking straight water.

2. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard this before, and honestly, I think I need to drink more water simply because I do drink so much coffee throughout the day. I tell myself that although I'm drinking a lot of coffee at least I'm drinking water in some capacity, simply because I drink so much coffee and have no plans of giving it up anytime soon, lol. But, I've read that coffee is dehydrating, just as you've written here.

I like drinking herbal teas, and I have quite a few boxes in one of my kitchen cabinets, but tea is not my go-to drink like coffee is. I really want to be more of an herbal tea drinker, that's why I buy so much of it, but I find that the "thinness" of the tea just doesn't fully satisfy me. And I have a tendency to make my coffee so strong that sometimes it almost looks like syrup.

3. DreekLass

Threads:
    You make a good point. I wish that more coffee and tea drinkers thought the same way as you - or were as aware of their need for water as you are. A lot of people just think that liquid equates to being hydrated, and that is it. Even with soda.

To me, herbal tea all tastes pretty much the same. I have numerous different boxes in my cupboard too lol.

4. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    When I go into a place like Starbucks or Peets, and I see people order tea, I think, 'oh that's so cute and light.' Makes me think of being pounds thinner, dollars richer, leaving the store, getting in a new convertible and driving off with my tea.

Tea seems so girly and fun, that's why I like buying different kinds. But alas, a lot of those boxes of tea end up in my cabinet untouched until I run out of coffee...kind of like a man you call only when you're bored, which is terrible!!

I know that I need to drink a lot of water (we all do), but I don't drink nearly as much as I should. Even so, right now I've kind of been on a campaign to get my dad to drink more water. He smokes a lot and has developed a little smokers cough. When I used to smoke, I felt that I had to drink water constantly just to combat the smoke. I feel kind of hypocritical though, I'm on him to drink more water, but I need to apply that to myself. I drink water, but my water intakes needs to be "upped".

5. lollie

lollieNew Member

Threads:
    Yes! Unfortunately not getting the required number of glasses per day affects my skin :-( If I go even a day without a nice amount of water, my skin gets extremely oily and greasy -- which in return lead to breakouts. One thing is that I'm glad that I love water enough to drink around a gallon a day!

6. DreekLass

Threads:
    In a way, people who have such adverse reactions when their body's water needs have or are not being met, are sort of blessed. I mean, so many people go without the necessary amount of water daily, and then their body begins to whine about it in the form of them not feeling right. But other people's body's react straight away and say NO, gimme my damn water lol, which I think is awesome, even though those who experience such reactions may not feel that way when their body is giving them grief.

7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    No. Water is really important to me, and I make sure everyday that I get enough amount of water to get me through the day. I even equip myself with a bottled water or a tumbler with water and put them on my bag whenever I go out, so that I know that I won't get dehydrated.

8. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Too many days! I always forget to drink the right amount of water as a lot of the time I don't actually realize that I'm dehydrated. I tend to avoid carbonated drinks and caffeine, so hopefully I'm getting some bits right.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    Yeah, a lot of people do not realize that they are dehydrated until their body can no longer take the lack of water?? I think the right amount is eight glasses of water a day?? But of course that depends on the size of the glass. It's like with an iron deficiency. I can go a long time without iron, and feel fine, but then it will finally catch up with me, and I'm dizzy and have to build my body back up with iron. The same is true for water, I feel.

10. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I am at home, or working at my desk, I find it very easy to drink water because I am sipping at it all day. It has become a habit for me. However, whenever I go out and am busy, although I do bring water with me in my bag, I tend to forget about it, meaning that I don't really drink as much as I should be doing. I always make up for it by having lots when I get home and finishing the bottle that I had with me, however it is much better if you can keep your water levels up during the course of the day, because this means that you won't become dehydrated like you do when you forget to drink anything at all. It might help if you set an alarm on your phone for every half an hour while you're out to remind yourself that you should be having a drink.

11. joycemcgregor

joycemcgregorMember

Threads:
    I love water. I keep a large glass of water by my chair or wherever I am at all times. I take bottles of water in the car with me year around. I live in the hot/humid south so in the summer time, drinking water is very important. I know I drink a minimum of 2 liters a day. Sometimes I add a tube of drink mix such as Crystal Lite to it if I want some variety. My grandson who is 8 yrs old also is a big water drinker and has been since he was small. He calls it a "cold refreshing"! I actually prefer tap water over bottled water.

12. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    It happens to me from time to time, even though I know how beneficial water is for my well being. When I am having a busy day some times I forget to do alot of things which later I regret.

13. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I try to drink water or herbal teas throughout the day, but there have been a few days when I’ve been less mindful of my consumption. Distraction is usually my culprit. I don’t think I’ve ever gone a whole day without it, though. I like herbal tea in the morning and at night, so that helps me keep my intake up.

14. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    There have been plenty of days that I didn't drink any water. Those times when I go without water my body will crave it like crazy and I can drink a whole gallon very quickly. It's amazing how our body works and lets you know you need water asap.

15. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Never! Maybe I'm lucky, but my body will soon let me know when I need to consume food or take on water, and if I try and push past the warning signs my body will fight back and I soon find myself feeling VERY tired.

16. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes health can be so easy.
    Drink more water.
    Move more.
    Sit less.
    Drive less.
    Eat decent.
    I try to get some water in often.
    I HATE bottled water, it's the biggest ripoff out there right now.
    Unless you live in a third world country tap water is an excellent choice, I mean it's free!
    Well it's not really free, we pay millions for it in taxes and fee's. But it's orders of magnitude better and cheaper then bottles water.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So much misinformation and myths surrounding water and how much we need and how we need to get it etc etc etc etc. Meh. I get it through my food.. and lots of it. And COFFEE! ha.. I just haven't been a water drinker lately. My urine shows me the love ;)

#77Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  18. DreekLass

Threads:
    I have been drinking hot water on an empty stomach every morning for about three months now. My last two periods have been transformed by this practice. Where I'd usually feel weak, and be in a lot of pain, that is not the case anymore. I drink a glass of hot water twenty to thirty minutes before eating anything too, and that definitely has been helping to aid with digestion. I seem to have found the magic substance, and know how to use it for the best results.

19. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    So I will not forget to drink water, I always have my water jug with me. It is essential that I drink a lot as I am a breastfeeding mom. To produce lots of milk, I have to drink water a lot too. Water also helps you have better skin as it hydrates you from the inside! No matter how many creams you use, if you do not drink water, your skin will still be dehydrated.

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    Since it is the summer over here in the UK at the moment, and it is almost boiling hot, it is important to encourage people to drink water and stay hydrated, but just drinking water usually isn't enough to give the body what it needs under these conditions. Sugar is often lost, as well as other minerals, which is why the water needs to have other stuff in it.