Drinking Water

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Nikkishea21 • Dec 29, 2014.

1. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I drink lots and lots of water but I have had days where I went an entire day without a drink of water. It doesn't happen very often though because I believe that your body needs lots of water to function properly. To me there is really nothing better then a nice glass of ice water. It is my preferred drink. Once you get drinking it all the time you actually start to crave it.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have kidney stones since before the year 2000 so the doctor always prescribes lots of water for me. But I am not really a water drinker and when I am busy, I tend to forget to drink especially when I am in the office. When in the house, people there are reminding me to drink water every hour. The doctor added that water is also good for my high blood pressure so I guess I really should be drinking a lot of water.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love to drink water, because I have seen the health benefits that can be gotten from drinking it first hand. The only con, really, is that drinking water throughout the day can cause you to keep needing to pee. You can pee once, and within fifteen to thirty minutes need to pee again, and a lot of people don't always have the time to keep peeing. I would suggest that you get yourself a flask though, if you don't have time to keep going to get water.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have that problem. It can be a real hassle at work, haha. That’s one major advantage of working from home, you can get up and pee whenever you like! But either way, I know I’m doing my body a favor by drinking a lot of water and herbal tea.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Another drawback of too much water is the feeling of vomitting. And sometimes I get a tummy ache due to too much water in my tummy. Yes, the problem with drinking a lot of water is the need to relieve yourself. When I have the water therapy, i.e. drinking about 15 glasses of water in a day, I go to the bathroom 5 times in the morning and another 5 times in the afternoon when I am in the office.

6. lalacrazy

lalacrazyNew Member

Threads:
    Before I started tracking my food intake, I had no idea whether or not I even consumed water in a day. When I started tracking I realized that I did not drink much water. I would also be thirsty and a bit cranky. Of course I upped my water intake and I felt a lot better. I still do not drink enough water but I drink enough that works for me.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're peeing incessantly or having other side effects, you're drinking it in excess. If you're in need, you're body will drink it up.. if it's got enough, it will get it out one way or the other. I constantly go on about listening to the body for what it needs.. but the same goes for what it doesn't. I doubt anyone is drinking so much they're doing real harm, but if it's getting inconvenient it seems silly lol.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the advice. It makes a lot of sense, because there are times when I will drink a lot of water, and will have to pee frequently. Then there are other times when I feel like I am drinking the same levels of water, and do not have to pee as frequently, which means that my body has found use for the levels of water that I am drinking.

I never feel like vomiting when I drink water. I'm not sure what that side effect is about. I never get tummy ache either. The body absorbs water the best in small increments, so just gulping down large amounts doesn't really have the effect that is desired. Also, one must be careful of the amount of water that on drinks. If you have too much without storing up on your electrolytes, then you could have a seizure.

9. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    I used to not drink water at all and just consumed large amounts of milk but now it's different. I've realized how important water can be to your body. Most of your body is made of water and it's recommended that you drink about 2 L of water a day. It benefits you in a lot of ways. It benefits your skin, hydration and even helps you supply your muscles (if your a bodybuilder). Bodybuilders always have to drink a lot of water a day if they want to have healthy bodies and muscle growth.

10. katship31

katship31New Member

Threads:
    Water is definitely essential for your health. I try and drink a gallon jug of water a day and refill it for the following day. That way I know exactly how much water I am drinking and that I know that I am drinking enough.